Yuin OK Series appreciation thread
Sep 22, 2009 at 2:30 PM Post #16 of 22
I went ahead and ordered the e5, so I look forward to trying that vs. the e3. I also listened to my OK3's without the e3 amp. The phones offered a little less spacial separation un-amped (imo), but the sound was more balanced for sure. Thanks for the suggestion.

Feb 22, 2010 at 10:13 PM Post #17 of 22
Well, I have had my E5 for a few months now and feel it one of the best bang-for-buck purchases I have ever made! I use it all the time. I appreciate the input!

BTW - I am on my third pair of OK3's now. Anyone else have issues with their durability? Customer service from head-direct is out of this world, tho!

Mar 8, 2010 at 12:08 AM Post #18 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by ndurantz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BTW - I am on my third pair of OK3's now. Anyone else have issues with their durability? Customer service from head-direct is out of this world, tho!

This is really disappointing to hear. The durability of these headphones are really the only thing preventing me from purchasing them.

So, you've just been sending your broken ones back to head-direct every 3 months or so when they break?

I've seen plenty of others with this problem as well. Any good solutions/alternatives out there?

Mar 10, 2010 at 1:56 AM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by milodesc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is really disappointing to hear. The durability of these headphones are really the only thing preventing me from purchasing them.

So, you've just been sending your broken ones back to head-direct every 3 months or so when they break?

I've seen plenty of others with this problem as well. Any good solutions/alternatives out there?

The durability issue with the Yuin phones is what's keeping me from purchasing a pair as well.
frown.gif

Mar 30, 2010 at 8:33 PM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by milodesc /img/forum/go_quote.gif

While I am on my third pair, I can say that Fang and Co (now known as HiFiMan, I believe) have the quickest replacement turn around I have ever experienced. One thing I have tried to do is put the earpieces down softly. I think the hard plastic makes them bounce a little on hard surfaces and may cause loosening of the wires - just a guess, though.

Regardless, the OK's are my favorite phone. I am even thinking about upgrading to the OK2's just because I love the sound signature so much. I would love to have the OK1's but I just can't do $200+

Note: I ALWAYS use them with my FiiO E5 amp. IMO - opens up their sound quite a bit.

Mar 31, 2010 at 7:34 PM Post #21 of 22
I believe the statement I made about the OK3's being my "favorites" to be true, but have to say that after listening to The White Stripes "Get Behind Me Satan" today from my iPod (192kps, VBR), the OK3's are a little lacking in the speed and clarity for such music. I plugged in my Ety HF5 and (of course) got a totally different (preferred sound for rock music).

The only problem is that in the office, the HF5's don't let me hear anything and I need to know if co-workers are asking me questions from the neighboring cubes. Does anyone think the OK2's will get me significantly closer to the speed and clarity on rock music that I am hearing on my HF5s?

I realize this is a bit of an apples/oranges thing, but would like some input before I plunk down $100+. Thanks!

Mar 31, 2010 at 8:46 PM Post #22 of 22
I'm not sure about the dependability of the Yuin products. I have had my PK2's for a while. Perhaps I got a really good pair. But I also put them into another storage case that did not come with them. If you buy some mints that come in a tin, you can loosely wrap them and store them in the tin. that will keep a kinking from the cable. I also did this with my Image X10's and they have lasted a very long time and the cable still looks brand new.

I am going to pick up the OK2's tomorrow from Head Direct. I REALLY like my PK2's but after reading a review, I saw that the OK2 have an even bigger soundstage and better instrument separation than the PK2. The soundstage is what I've admired most about my PK2. So if that review is correct, I'm in for a real treat!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back