Yuin G2A or Grado SR-60 or something else?
Apr 15, 2010 at 12:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

nyjets28

1000+ Head-Fier
I'm looking for a cheap (relatively) portable that I'd just be wearing around my dorm when I'm studying. Doesn't have to isolate or anything, although I'd prefer something a little bit on the smaller spectrum in terms of size. But I'm looking for something that will be comfortable and obviously has good sound. I tend to enjoy a little more bass (doesn't have to be excessive, but it should definitely be there). I haven't found any definitive reviews for the G2A but I've owned the SR-60 before and it was okay - I could do with a little more bass, but overall I enjoyed the SR-60.

So along with the G2A, I'm also considering the Portapros. Is there a better option. And I have looked over jokerl's comparison of portable headphones, just looking for more opinions.

Thanks!

May 20, 2010 at 10:43 PM Post #7 of 12
if you enjoy horrible comfort, thick heavy and long cord and an inability to play anything well but rock and metal...then Grado is for you!

I highly recommend the JVChas700.  Very cheap, comfy, booming bass, overall great buy for only 30 bucks. 

May 20, 2010 at 11:47 PM Post #8 of 12
This thread is over a month old. Look at the op's signature, he already got the yuins.
rolleyes.gif

May 21, 2010 at 9:44 AM Post #9 of 12
Bringing back a post that's just a month old isn't that bad.  It's not like this was originally posted in 2004 or anything. 
eek.gif

But I was really looking for the response he gave.  Just wanted to hear some impressions on what he purchased. 

May 29, 2010 at 12:13 AM Post #11 of 12
I was and still am considering getting ordering the headband myself for my ksc75s. I don't mind the clips, but I don think itwould be more comfortable.

May 29, 2010 at 12:48 AM Post #12 of 12
well don't know about the ksc75s but the clips on the grados aren't the most comfortable things and are not so snug. i read the koss clips are much more secure. so the headband actually does make it much more comfortable. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back