Yuin alternatives?
Jan 6, 2012 at 7:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Cinders

100+ Head-Fier
My PK1's have finally died after 6 years of loyal service. I loved them, and never felt the need to upgrade, and I prefer earbuds anyways.

Are there any good earbuds (not IEMs) that came out recently that I should look into? I'm thinking I should just go back to PK3's to save money, and I remember enjoying them before I upgraded. But if there's another brand I should be looking at, I'd love to know.

Jan 6, 2012 at 7:47 PM Post #2 of 13
I have a feeling I'm gonna get in a lot of heat for posting this, but try the B&O A8. I really think it's quite a good earbud at around the same price $160. There should be a B&O showroom where you live so you can try them out. Build quality is superb and I think it sounds great for an earbud as well.

Jan 6, 2012 at 8:09 PM Post #3 of 13
Very impressive to have any Yuin last 6 years.  I found the PK1 to be the portable HD600.  There really hasn't been much new offerings from a pure earbud design, at least not much at the same caliber as the PK1.  I'm getting the Hisoundaudio Live earbuds, as a replacement (brand new).  They retail for $99 and sound very much like the OK1 (detailed and more balanced over the PK1) and still bassy like the PK1.  If you want them, just pay the shipping and when I get it in the next week or two, I'll send it to you.

Jan 6, 2012 at 8:26 PM Post #4 of 13

Quote:
Very impressive to have any Yuin last 6 years.  I found the PK1 to be the portable HD600.  There really hasn't been much new offerings from a pure earbud design, at least not much at the same caliber as the PK1.  I'm getting the Hisoundaudio Live earbuds, as a replacement (brand new).  They retail for $99 and sound very much like the OK1 (detailed and more balanced over the PK1) and still bassy like the PK1.  If you want them, just pay the shipping and when I get it in the next week or two, I'll send it to you.

To try out before I decide if I want them? Wow, that would be really cool. I'd love to try them out if they have OK1 or PK1 level quality for only $99.

Jan 6, 2012 at 9:00 PM Post #6 of 13

Quote:
To try out before I decide if I want them? Wow, that would be really cool. I'd love to try them out if they have OK1 or PK1 level quality for only $99.

That's not what I meant.  I'm giving them to you with no strings attached.  I have no use for them.  I got it free last month for reviewing a dap.  All you got to do is pay the shipping around $5 and PM me your address, and it will be on its way after I get it, which won't be another week or two (being shipped from China).

Jan 11, 2012 at 6:20 PM Post #13 of 13
Instead of the PK3, get the Sennheiser MX580.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back