yow! i just got a bad electrical shock :/
Jun 13, 2003 at 8:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

djgustashaw

1000+ Head-Fier
so anyway, i was just out cycling as usual and all of a sudden it starts pouring, not just raining, but thundering and lightning too. so i turn around and head home.

i get in the garage and kick off my wet flip flops, and go to put down the metal garage door. so i'm standing in this huge puddle (barefoot), and as soon as both of my hands are touching the door, a huge bolt of lightning streaks across the sky, and i feel the shock go through my entire body. almost knocked me right over, i fell on the side of the truck. not something i'd like to repeat.
frown.gif

i feel fine now, it was about an hour and a half ago, but does anyone know if shock can lead to any internal problems? i don't want any complications. i also can't believe i had a lapse in judgement to go stand in water and touch metal during a T-storm
rolleyes.gif

Jun 13, 2003 at 9:27 PM Post #2 of 34
If it still hurts in a couple of hours might not be a bad idea to go get checked out. Uh, not to sure about that avatar...

Jun 14, 2003 at 12:14 AM Post #3 of 34
Well it's friday the 13the and you had your share for today.

Go and check a doc.
It can have some savere effect on your heard.
You can get rithme problems or whatever and it would be bad to get a ECG written.

Peter.
(This is not a useless post).

Jun 14, 2003 at 12:36 AM Post #4 of 34
go to the ER - im thinking it is a late friday and doctor's offices will be closed.

the ER ppl will take it from there .

JUST to be sure there sre no problems.

Jun 14, 2003 at 12:58 AM Post #6 of 34
Quote:

Originally posted by djgustashaw

... but does anyone know if shock can lead to any internal problems? i don't want any complications.

It was explained to me after I got hit with 220V while my hands were in water that if the current flows across your chest from one arm to the other it will punch a pinsize hole in your heart.

It's truly scary to have all your cells and neurons firing uncontrollably and at the same time. Torqued and in a blender at the same time.

If you can afford it or have insurance or a low copayment, it's a nobrainer to get checked out just for peace of mind.

Jun 14, 2003 at 2:10 AM Post #7 of 34
Quote:

GO NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!

AAARGHH IM GONNA DIEEE!!!

i feel 100% back to normal now, about 6 hours later. i guess i would have felt something by now. sorry if it seemed ridiculous to ask about internal stuff, but im kinda paranoid
tongue.gif

if i start to feel anything in my chest tho (i DID feel a weird bump in my heart when it happened), i'll definitely get it checked out.

Jun 14, 2003 at 2:12 AM Post #8 of 34
if you have insurance, go get checked out.

Jun 14, 2003 at 2:22 AM Post #12 of 34
One of my older brothers got shocked badly while teaching a class. He felt ok - for a few hours. Then things started going downhill with his equilibrium, short term memory, vision, etc. Sort of like the effects of, well, I don't remember.

Anyway, it did shake him up a bit, but a few days later, he was just fine.

When I was 11, I was standing next to a telephone pole when it got struck. I RAN into the cabin nearby, then collapsed when I got in the door. I could not stand up for about an hour. It seeemed to have no affect on my mental stability, as wonderful as that is...

Jun 14, 2003 at 2:28 AM Post #14 of 34
Quote:

Originally posted by djgustashaw
do you mean is it beating at regular intervals? if so, yes it is. it was beating consistently without any weird gaps between beats.

That's what I mean.

I would say your dying.
But it wil probably take a lot of years and you have enough time to join the team of useless posters.
wink2.gif

It sound oke to me.

Peter.

Jun 14, 2003 at 5:36 AM Post #15 of 34
Please go to the emergency room.NOW!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back