Youtube audio quality in Android really good? Does it use Android driver?
May 11, 2021 at 6:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

visanj

100+ Head-Fier
Am I the only one who is feeling this

Off late I am using old Oneplus 6 as my primary device. I wanted to experience wired music from mobile after a long time, so I tried listening to Apple Music, Spotify and I was kind of OK in terms of audio quality but I opened youtube to watch one official video and though I was watching video I was noticing that audio quality is really good. Then I opened 'youtube music' and tried listening to few songs but didn't feel that good. So I did some dedicated listening to Youtube video channels by Diana Krall and some other artists. Sounded really good

This is not the first time I felt about youtube audio quality. last year I was listening to some music on youtube and even then I felt the same but I dismissed it immediately convincing myself foolishly, that how can youtube sound better than apple music or spotify

Though both youtube and apple music has 256kbps, I think Apple Music has superior files especially albums from Diana Krall where all albums are 'Apple Digital Masters'. So I think there is something to do with Audio driver.

So my question is, there are 2 audio drivers in Android (1 from Android and other driver which is supposed to be better as explained by USB Audio Player Pro).

so can anyone tell me which audio driver does youtube use?

Also can anyone else try listening to youtube on android via wired headphone and let me know if you are also feeling the same?

(by the way, I'm not referring to 'Youtube Music'. I'm referring to old youtube app)

Thanks
Visaka

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back