Youtube - anybody else into this?
Feb 27, 2007 at 5:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

Minimauled

100+ Head-Fier
I always just thought youtube was a place to check out funny sports hijinkx, etc but there's a whole community making 'short films' over there...although they really aren't short films like you would think.

Check out videos by Brookers and Daxflame. Start with Daxflame. he a 15 year old kid who does video journals. Here's his first: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALPOqESM3F8

It's genius. watch them all...you are in for a trip.

If you don't want to start with the first and instead prefer to dive right into the belly of the beast, check out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69hd2C2mIa4

He's one of the hottest things on youtube right now

Any others I should check out?

Feb 27, 2007 at 3:21 PM Post #2 of 22
Seems forced... or staged. Appears to me to be rehearsed to be amateur... or bad.

Going to have to watch it a couple of times... but as an editor I'm suspect.

Feb 27, 2007 at 4:52 PM Post #5 of 22
If you only want to see the quality videos, check out www.videosift.com.
biggrin.gif

Feb 27, 2007 at 5:04 PM Post #6 of 22
The funny thing about the Daxflame guy is that so many people think he's for real. To me he's the next Andy Kaufman. Over 1/4 million people have watched this 15 y/o kid!

But yeah, if it's not your thing it's stupid. For me, I'm always eagerly waiting for his next blog.

Feb 27, 2007 at 5:08 PM Post #7 of 22
lonelygirl15 or something like that...

turns out like the ones you posted and lg15 are fake...highly edited and highly worked on behind the scene's..

Most video blogs on yt are done professionally by groups of groups of real people (like real producers for example), only part that sinks you into the stupidities is people think it could be any joe cause any one can upload a video..

i think blogs are the bottom of the viewing land, horribly stupid and makes the stupids watching them worse..

there is more on yt then the ****** morons with the video blogs...like the singers.esmeedenters is one fine example of these losers..at least these people have a some talent you see (unlike the actors hired to do some of the blogs you believe are real), but i wouldn't doubt there is someone more behind the scenes for reasons you just know even with these type of videos.

YT is great for the production crew types like WickedAwesomeFilms for example these guys are at least out and real about their staging unlike most blogs you see. search these guys on yt and look up the video for "punchy" its actually somewhat funny.

Feb 27, 2007 at 7:01 PM Post #8 of 22
I go to youtube for how-to videos, fan vids and music videos.

I was never a fan of talk radio, so watching video blogs was out of the question. Okay, so I watched Unemployed Skeletor! But that's it! >.>;

Feb 27, 2007 at 10:12 PM Post #10 of 22
Youtube will be gone in a few years.

90% of the content is copyrighted material. Once all this material is removed, and it eventually will be, few people will visit the site.

Feb 27, 2007 at 11:52 PM Post #12 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by roastpuff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Check out http://www.happyslip.com for some extremely funny, un-forced videos... much better than any of the previously posted ones.

I checked her out. kinda funny. i'm more interested in kissing her neck than watching her videos though

Feb 28, 2007 at 12:25 AM Post #14 of 22
Feb 28, 2007 at 12:37 AM Post #15 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Minimauled /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I checked her out. kinda funny. i'm more interested in kissing her neck than watching her videos though

Amen. A bit too old for me, unfortunately. And on the other side of the continent.
frown.gif

You might have some luck if you get a shave and a haircut.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back