Yourmusic.com - reccomendations
Feb 25, 2006 at 5:21 PM Post #91 of 144
225023.jpg

This is the exact same recording as this:

coverart.asp

The only difference is that the first is at yourmusic for half the price of the second. Strongly recommended for any Beethoven lover.

Btw this is an early Mutter recording, before she became so very mannered in her interpretations.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 25, 2006 at 5:41 PM Post #92 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by Doc Sarvis
Just a heads up - I found "The Tony Bennett Bill Evans Album" on yourmusic. This is an absolute classic - more than worth six bucks, believe me.

Nice find, Doc! Just put it at the top of my queue.

Feb 25, 2006 at 8:37 PM Post #94 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by Welly Wu
I listen to Bach: Violin Concertos the most and then Elgar/Vaughan Williams next ... So, start with her three most recent albums. You will not be disappointed by any one of them.

Thanks, I just added the Bach: Violin Concertos to my cart. Of course I'll probably be checking out the others later
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 27, 2006 at 6:35 PM Post #96 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by Doc Sarvis
Just a heads up - I found "The Tony Bennett Bill Evans Album" on yourmusic. This is an absolute classic - more than worth six bucks, believe me.

Just ordered it along with 2 other Bill Evans albums. Just a note for those reading this - it is limited so order it soon before it's gone.

Also ordered the Dave Brubeck Box Set - For All Time. Hope it's good.
icon10.gif

Mar 1, 2006 at 6:11 PM Post #97 of 144
I just got my first CD from YourMusic a couple days ago. I picked up Peter Frampton - Frampton Comes Alive which I hadn't been able to find anywhere else for less than $20. Sweet deal.

Mar 2, 2006 at 5:17 AM Post #99 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by wallstreet
It looks like Death Cab for Cutie-Plans was just added to yourmusic
smily_headphones1.gif

Ooh, good call. Thanks.

Mar 2, 2006 at 7:50 PM Post #100 of 144
Just a quick note - I think this thread proves people are willing to actually buy CD's at reasonable prices.
icon10.gif

Anyway, I just got 2 more discs from yourmusic:

Thelonious Monk - Brilliant Corners (K2 super coding remaster)
and
Sonny Rollins - Tenor Madness (SACD/Hybrid)

Mar 2, 2006 at 11:06 PM Post #102 of 144
the Netrebko/Villazon Traviata appeared on yourmusic. A crowd pleaser and perhaps more than that (the husky Violetta of Netrebko is growing on me). Definetely worth $12...

Mar 3, 2006 at 4:30 AM Post #103 of 144
Holy crap this is awesome. Was just talking to a buddy today about how I felt $6-7 was about right for Cd's and I really don't like paying more then that for one. I have been out of buying a lot of music for a while b/c of the $15-20 single disk turned me off.

But for $6 a disc, there are a ton of Cd's at YM that I want. Thanks for the info guys, I'll be signing up tomorrow, and setting up a que, might even get crazy and drop $100 or something on initial stock. At $6 a pop, that rocks.

And yeh, proves at a decent price people don't mind buying. I would rather support and own a CD copy to rip in higher quality, then only be able to find 128rips online.

Mar 8, 2006 at 8:14 AM Post #104 of 144
http://www.yourmusic.com/browse/disc...zon-31611.html
http://www.yourmusic.com/browse/albu...SEARCH_ARTISTS

I HIGHLY recommend these two titles from YourMusic.Com. Do a search for the recent reviews on both of these classical and opera selections and I am sure you will encounter glowing reviews. I am going to save up some money and order them myself. Both of these selections will sound very fine no matter how high end or budget your gear is. Plus, Barnes & Noble is selling them at $33.98 and $24.99 USD plus state tax respectively. Yourmusic - What a deal folks!

Mar 8, 2006 at 9:23 AM Post #105 of 144
got my first cd, MJ-history vol 1. I've only heard his songs on MTV or on a stock car radio. Listening to this CD blows my mind on my head-fi gear. So many layers its not even funny. I can spend hours rediscoving this CD. Who ever remastered this is really good, even if MJ is a weirdo, you cant deny hes good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back