Yourmusic.com going to 6.99
Dec 1, 2006 at 5:43 PM Post #2 of 27
They really should tell the new subscribers that the prices are going up, and as far as I could see, the subscription page makes no notice of the price increase!

Dec 1, 2006 at 7:08 PM Post #4 of 27
I literally just read this. I have been upset with them shipping the second item in my queue when the first one happens to randomly go out of stock. I've sent them complaints, and have not seen a response. I will probably cancel my subscription because of this.

Dec 1, 2006 at 7:33 PM Post #5 of 27
Still a good deal, but also one less dollar for food each month for me
frown.gif

Dec 1, 2006 at 7:43 PM Post #6 of 27
Right, though 'only' a $1 increase, it's the tipping point for several selections I have in my queue. I'll likely order some of them before 1/1, and delete a few others

Dec 1, 2006 at 7:46 PM Post #7 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by wnewport /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have been upset with them shipping the second item in my queue when the first one happens to randomly go out of stock.

Isn't that exactly what you would expect them to do?

Dec 1, 2006 at 8:20 PM Post #8 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Febs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Isn't that exactly what you would expect them to do?

Yeah, I'm confused here too.

*edit - Forgot to comment about the price increase. It sucks! It could make a big difference to some of you high-volume purchasers that we have here on head-fi. $5.99 was such a sweet spot and the extra dollar really doesn't ring in the ears all that well.

Dec 1, 2006 at 8:40 PM Post #10 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ingo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
*edit - Forgot to comment about the price increase. It sucks! It could make a big difference to some of you high-volume purchasers that we have here on head-fi. $5.99 was such a sweet spot and the extra dollar really doesn't ring in the ears all that well.

It certainly will put a damper on my spending habits there!

Ofcourse, I can still use my daughter's membership in bmgmusic. She still gets any cd for $5.95 and if she buys one at full price, she gets lots of freebies. Ofcourse, they may yet change her subscription terms as well, but here's hoping!

Dec 1, 2006 at 9:59 PM Post #11 of 27
unlike you guys I decided to cancel my subscription. Sure $7 would still be a good deal for many of their CDs, but a 15% increase is really hard to justify in a market in which prices go down by 10-20% a year.
This remembers me of what Netflix tried to do once they established a subscriber base. It did not work for Netflix (thay had to reverse their increase after a wave of cancellations) and I sure hope it won't work for BMG.

Dec 1, 2006 at 10:34 PM Post #12 of 27
I did not get that email. I think calaf is right. They increase price after they got many subscribers, and hope to get more profit. I will buy some more and then cancel my membership after the price increases.

Dec 1, 2006 at 10:34 PM Post #13 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by calaf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
unlike you guys I decided to cancel my subscription. Sure $7 would still be a good deal for many of their CDs, but a 15% increase is really hard to justify in a market in which prices go down by 10-20% a year.
This remembers me of what Netflix tried to do once they estabished a subscriber base. It did not work for Netflix (thay had to reverse their increase after a wave of cancellations) and I sure hope it won't work for BMG.

a

Those percentages are nice and all. but 7 bucks is still BY FAR the cheapest price out there. You actually expect them to reduce prices?
confused.gif

Your music start at 4.99, and they kept growing at 5.99. I have no doubt they will keep ALOT of business at 6.99. And even 7.99.

Dec 1, 2006 at 10:45 PM Post #14 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltrane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
a

Those percentages are nice and all. but 7 bucks is still BY FAR the cheapest price out there. You actually expect them to reduce prices?
confused.gif

Your music start at 4.99, and they kept growing at 5.99. I have no doubt they will keep ALOT of business at 6.99. And even 7.99.

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Be quiet! They might be watching.

*edit - If it went up to $7.99 I might still keep my subscribtion but I would definately be buying more used CDs at Bookman's instead because they're readily available and they are usually around $8 with tax.

Dec 1, 2006 at 10:51 PM Post #15 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltrane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
a

confused.gif

I read an article somewhere. It says the price from yourmusic is close to bmg at $5.99 each disc. If BMG is okay with this price, I do not see why yourmusic wants to increase the price. If I cancel my membership I will go to BMG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back