Your vinyl --> tube amp headphone rig?
Apr 8, 2009 at 4:24 AM Post #16 of 25
^X2 yes, can someone please elaborate about the sound a bit? The vinyl setup usually sound different than cd setup in loudspeaker environment but do they sound a lot different in headphone environment?
Cheers,
AP

Apr 8, 2009 at 10:44 AM Post #18 of 25
My rig is: Technics SL1210 M5G->KAB Fluid damper->KAB Strobe Disabler->Zupreme Headshell->AT OC9ML/II->Cinemag SUT->Project Phonobox II SE->Headroom Balanced Amp with DPS->Senn HD650s with Equinox cables.
L3000.gif

Apr 8, 2009 at 11:54 AM Post #19 of 25
My rig is Xpression III > Ortofon 2M Red > Tcc-750 phono > Tpaudio CF-TU with electro harmonix goldpin tubes > Grado sr225

I am pleased with my tube amp, it provides a really smooth "tube sound", as opposed to my old Little dot MKII, which didn't sound much different from a solid state amplifier...it's also not an otl design and provides plenty of power for low impedance phones, the sr225 sound perfect, fast and responsive even in the lowest bass region. The turntable is all in all a good performer...

Apr 8, 2009 at 11:59 AM Post #20 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by alexboo12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^X2 yes, can someone please elaborate about the sound a bit? The vinyl setup usually sound different than cd setup in loudspeaker environment but do they sound a lot different in headphone environment?
Cheers,
AP

The difference between vinyl and digital is at least as big through headphones as speakers. maybe more.

Apr 8, 2009 at 8:23 PM Post #21 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by tom hankins /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The difference between vinyl and digital is at least as big through headphones as speakers. maybe more.

I would agree with that. Its an even bigger difference when listened to through headphones.

Apr 9, 2009 at 12:02 AM Post #22 of 25
I agree. I've compared the same album in cd's and vinyl and the vinyl sounds a lot better. I hardly ever play cd's or fire up my squeezebox duet.

One thing I've noticed (and I hate to admit it) is that with my current setup I'm using 650's with the blue dragon cable a lot more than I am my RS-1's. Especially with Carol King, Joni Mitchell, some Neil Young, Tom Petty. Not really sure why and didn't even really think about it until tonight. I was listening to Tapestry with my RS-1's and switched over to my 650's.

Apr 9, 2009 at 1:50 AM Post #23 of 25
The 650s and vinyl are a match made in heaven

Apr 9, 2009 at 1:36 PM Post #25 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevtt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree. I've compared the same album in cd's and vinyl and the vinyl sounds a lot better.

The greatest difference I have noted in CD vs Vinyl is U.F. Orb, it is like a different album.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back