Your view/verdict on MB Dr DRE IEM's
Dec 11, 2009 at 5:17 PM Post #16 of 31
Quote:

Uh, yeah, the RE0s are better than the RE1s, but cheaper than those you've linked to. You can buy them directly from Head-Direct.com.

Have a read of this thread http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/r...st-iem-383355/

Dec 11, 2009 at 5:27 PM Post #17 of 31
What bothers me is that sure most of the Dre products look AWESOME. TBH the Beats look great, they are lightweight and pretty comfy, the in ears are nice as well. They are just 90%. If they cost 300$, you can easily find another brand BETTER...MUCH BETTER for 100$.

the beats cost 300 or so, and the denon d1k cost abuot 100 and are 3x the quality and sound.

So again what bothers me is that the dre products look great, but you just paid 300$ for 50$ set that looks nice...so if you are into that sorta thing, more power to ya. I'll stick with my D1ks
biggrin.gif

Dec 12, 2009 at 2:36 PM Post #18 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by deadpool86 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What bothers me is that sure most of the Dre products look AWESOME. TBH the Beats look great, they are lightweight and pretty comfy, the in ears are nice as well. They are just 90%. If they cost 300$, you can easily find another brand BETTER...MUCH BETTER for 100$.

the beats cost 300 or so, and the denon d1k cost abuot 100 and are 3x the quality and sound.

So again what bothers me is that the dre products look great, but you just paid 300$ for 50$ set that looks nice...so if you are into that sorta thing, more power to ya. I'll stick with my D1ks
biggrin.gif

Looks like your telling me that when you purchase a DRE your more or less just paying for the name than SQ or sound signature. Suppose your saying there are cheaper headphones out there than the dre at a fraction of the cost and yet with better SQ.

Dec 12, 2009 at 3:54 PM Post #19 of 31
Em, yes, do you have a problem with that? I've already pointed out to you that the RE0s are way better, for the same price, which you've summarily ignored.

Dec 12, 2009 at 4:01 PM Post #20 of 31
Not worth the money. Get the Klipsch Image S4 for US$80 or the Image S4i for US$100 instead.
smile_phones.gif

Dec 12, 2009 at 4:33 PM Post #21 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by bcpk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Em, yes, do you have a problem with that? I've already pointed out to you that the RE0s are way better, for the same price, which you've summarily ignored.

Now now now no need to get hostile, did I say I have a problem with it, pls show me.

I come and posted this post to ask for advice not looking for hostlity.

Dec 12, 2009 at 4:34 PM Post #22 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by lon420 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whoa... I had no idea. Those pics made me second guess mine... hell, I still AM second guessing mine right now. Aside from SQ, are there any definitive differences between the fakes and genuine articles?

There may or may not be some miniscule differences in the design of the retail packaging, earphones, and variation/quality in accessories included.

Dec 12, 2009 at 4:44 PM Post #23 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Albinoni /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now now now no need to get hostile, did I say I have a problem with it, pls show me.

I come and posted this post to ask for advice not looking for hostlity.

The phrasing of this sentence carries a rather incredulous tone of voice -

Quote:

Suppose your saying there are cheaper headphones out there than the dre at a fraction of the cost and yet with better SQ.

Dec 12, 2009 at 5:09 PM Post #24 of 31
Quote:

The phrasing of this sentence carries a rather incredulous tone of voice -

Does it?

Thats correct, I am asking you that are there better headphones or IEM's out there for the same cost as the Dre's at a less cost and 2nd are they better value for money.

Anything wrong with that?

Dec 12, 2009 at 5:15 PM Post #25 of 31
Quote:

I am asking you that are there better headphones or IEM's out there for the same cost as the Dre's

Yes ... Head-Direct RE0, Klipsch Image S4, Hippo VB.

Quote:

at a less cost

Confused by this bit, but Cyclone PR1 Pro, if you can find 'em.

Quote:

and 2nd are they better value for money.

If they're the same price/cheaper but better SQ, then probably
k701smile.gif

Quote:

Anything wrong with that?

Well, I already gave you a suggestion and you seemed more preoccupied by the pricing of the RE1s on some Australian website.

Dec 12, 2009 at 5:55 PM Post #26 of 31
Quote:

Yes ... Head-Direct RE0, Klipsch Image S4, Hippo VB.

Confused by this bit, but Cyclone PR1 Pro, if you can find 'em.

If they're the same price/cheaper but better SQ, then probably
k701smile.gif

Well, I already gave you a suggestion and you seemed more preoccupied by the pricing of the RE1s on some Australian website.

Ok will look into the ones you mentioned and will do more research

thanks alot

Jan 11, 2010 at 2:35 PM Post #28 of 31
I am still holding back on choosing a good pair of IEMs now but seriously now considering the Klipsch Image S4 as I have read alot of good reviews about them and their prob one of the best value for money IEMs out there by a mile.

I just really hope their comfortable and sound good if not very good and not tinny or lack bass and treble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back