Your top 5 SACD/DVD-A requests!
Dec 17, 2002 at 10:07 PM Post #16 of 21
Delerium - all of 'em
Pixies - Trompe le Monde
Sonic Youth - Washing Machine
Lush - Split
Slowdive - Pygmalion

As for Kraftwerk stuff (as mentioned above already).. although I'd love to hear what SACD would do for it, I'm really skeptical about whether it would add anything to their recordings. I've found their albums to be so sterilized and stripped-down (in the most GOOD way), I wonder if anything would really be added with higher resolution. It would be interesting to hear though.

Dec 18, 2002 at 2:39 AM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally posted by chillysalsa
As for Kraftwerk stuff (as mentioned above already).. although I'd love to hear what SACD would do for it, I'm really skeptical about whether it would add anything to their recordings. I've found their albums to be so sterilized and stripped-down (in the most GOOD way), I wonder if anything would really be added with higher resolution. It would be interesting to hear though. [/B]

Since my post above, I've acquired TD Rubycon in SACD (as well as owning it on CD). The differences are small. I suppose hi-rez makes more of a difference on natural sound rather than on electronic stuff.

Dec 18, 2002 at 6:50 AM Post #18 of 21
Though I haven't actually tried to locate it yet on SACD, I think Bob Marley - Legend would be an awesome title.

Dec 18, 2002 at 10:18 AM Post #20 of 21
Quote:

Originally posted by Gopher
Though I haven't actually tried to locate it yet on SACD, I think Bob Marley - Legend would be an awesome title.

I'm a big fan of SACD, but I'm also one who doesn't necessarily think that some older recordings will sound much better on SACD than on a good remastered Redbook. I just bought the new 2002 Deluxe Edition of Legend, and will be getting the Deluxe of Exodus soon; the remasters are very good!

Dec 18, 2002 at 10:19 AM Post #21 of 21
Quote:

Originally posted by MacDEF
I'm a big fan of SACD, but I'm also one who doesn't necessarily think that some older recordings will sound much better on SACD than on a good remastered Redbook. I just bought the new 2002 Deluxe Edition of Legend, and will be getting the Deluxe of Exodus soon; the remasters are very good!

agreed, on both items. i own both.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back