Your thoughts on the AKG K701/2 with Bellari HA540?
Jan 23, 2012 at 9:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

hodgjy

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey everyone:

I'm looking into a new rig now that it's tax return season.  I've research this the best I could, but it seems like all the threads that start to talk about this combo seem to prematurely end before any conclusions are made.

I would like to know if anyone still active on the forum has any experience with the 701/2 and Bellari HA 540.  On paper, it seems like a nice rig in the $600 range.  I'm considering this because I've always wanted to try the 701/2, but never had the right amp to drive them.

I am partial to American-made and/or American-owned amp companies, like Woo, Schitt, and Rolls.

Jan 23, 2012 at 12:08 PM Post #2 of 5
I can't elborate on the pairing of the 702's with the Bellari,but I can tell you that I really Iike my little 540, tons of power and sounds great with all of my cans.  It tames the highs of my DT990s and brings out the hidden mids in my D2000s. . On the down side, the stock tube should be yanked as soon as you get it (Ruby...like a 5 dollar tube) and the output jack is in the back and that is a bit annoying. All and all I would say the 540 covers the whole spectrum of impedance very well. I do change tubes with different cans so tube rolling does shape sound on this amp. Other amps I have owned the tube rolling was not even worth it. The Bellari is impressiven for the money.

Jan 23, 2012 at 12:53 PM Post #3 of 5
Thanks for your insight.

How's the noise floor on the Bellari?  The reason I'm asking is I'm sensitive to noisy amps.  My Woo developed a buzz that I find extremely annoying, but that's for another place and time to discuss.

Jan 23, 2012 at 2:24 PM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
Thanks for your insight.

How's the noise floor on the Bellari?  The reason I'm asking is I'm sensitive to noisy amps.  My Woo developed a buzz that I find extremely annoying, but that's for another place and time to discuss

Almost  nonexsistent. I also hate any buzz or hum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back