Your thoughts on "new" but previously worn cans...
Feb 24, 2010 at 3:06 AM Post #16 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do you know the item was a return? How do you know that the factory didn't accidentally leave out the manuals for a series of production, then cut the tape to put manuals in? How do you know the retailer didn't open the box to ensure that everything was inside? What if the retailer plugged the cans in for a minute - unworn - to make sure he wasn't selling a dud pair that would be returned?

As for wearing headphones someone else has used, you're being too sensitive.

My headphones have probably been worn by a couple hundred people by now. I put them out at meets for everyone to try. I give them a quick wipe afterwards and everything has been fine. Everyone has treated my gear well and I don't have any skin lesions or anything picked up from other people.

Don't worry about it.

Dishonest marketing. If it has been open then say it as so. No one mind used headphones if it is stated so except for germaphobes. But then when germaphobes buy new it it cause they don't like the though o possible diseases.

Feb 24, 2010 at 3:11 AM Post #17 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by El_Doug /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i have no problem buying previously opened and used gear, provided they list it as such!

This is the kicker though, a lot of stores don't in Aus. JB-Hi is terrible as they don't seem to inform customers that the goods were returned. I know this because I used to work there.

The TPA has some pretty tough penalties yet they don't seem to give a damn.

Feb 24, 2010 at 4:25 AM Post #20 of 32
I believe Amazon has a 30 day return policy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony6225 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You convinced me. I just emailed Amazon telling them I want to return these for a new set. It was almost three weeks ago though. Do you think they'll let me do it?

Feb 24, 2010 at 4:31 AM Post #21 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My headphones have probably been worn by a couple hundred people by now. I put them out at meets for everyone to try. I give them a quick wipe afterwards and everything has been fine. Everyone has treated my gear well and I don't have any skin lesions or anything picked up from other people.

Don't worry about it.

Maybe you don't mind, but other people are entitled to.
smily_headphones1.gif

At meets, WE choose to let other people use them. When we buy a NEW product we don't give permission for that. What happened if the person trying them on had lice, and then you wound up getting lice? (Actually, that might not be a bad situation if you are able to sue the vendor for a good amount of money at the expense of a shaved head
tongue.gif
).

Or perhaps you are buying them as a gift for someone's birthday. You don't want the person to think you bought them a second-hand item.

Feb 24, 2010 at 5:19 AM Post #24 of 32
I have no problem whatsoever with wearing headphones that others have used, especially if I am purchasing a rather coveted headphone used, that I have been dying to try out. It's how Head-fi'ers "shake hands" to complete the deal.

Feb 24, 2010 at 5:19 AM Post #25 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony6225 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You convinced me. I just emailed Amazon telling them I want to return these for a new set. It was almost three weeks ago though. Do you think they'll let me do it?

totally different but i bought a watch off amazon and it was the same way. seemed like it was used. i returned it for a full refund asap.

Feb 24, 2010 at 5:36 AM Post #26 of 32
I must be different. When I placed a mail-order, I usually asked seller to open it and make sure it's good. It's too much trouble finding out at my end. Unlike a bottle of Tylenol... And, those awful plastic bubble packaging make people sensitive about 100% or 99% new.

Feb 24, 2010 at 4:35 PM Post #28 of 32
If i would pay the full msrp for the item, of course I would expect 100% new, mint, unused =/
Otherwise, will just get it 2nd hand from FS section =/

Anyway, I really think that they should have two seperate stocks.. one for sales, one for loan. I prefer that then what return policy imo.

Feb 24, 2010 at 4:45 PM Post #29 of 32
If they are listed as NEW then I expect a brand new unopened package.
But I have no problem with a used product if they are listed as such and the price is right. Most of my 'phones are second, third, .. hand already.

Feb 24, 2010 at 5:24 PM Post #30 of 32
If every shop would sell the returned goods (from customers who tried them but didn't like it) as B-stock items wouldn't they lose money?
What about all those head-fi-ers who have tried, say the Denon D5000s and decided to return them?
If they were sold as a B-stock item they should be sold for at least 150 dollar cheaper than a brand new pair in an unopened box.
I find that pretty ridiculous.

Well ok, I don't want to be a hypocrite since I got my 'new' B-stock D5000's for $369, and they looked completely unused, not a single scratch or dust, hair or anything else...HeadRoom easily could have sold them fullprice, luckily they didn't
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back