Your Thoughts on Incubus
May 30, 2007 at 2:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

TurboRotaryFreak

Head-Fier
I really like how good their albums sound. I haven't had a whole lot of experience with older bands. But let me know what you think of them and maybe make suggestions to other bands I might like?

Thanks

May 30, 2007 at 8:04 AM Post #3 of 16
incubus is a band that has gone through three distinct changes in their sound. it all depends on which of their albums you get is going to dictate the sound. on the whole i really like them, i think brandon boyd is a fairly good lyricist, as far as modern rock is concerned, and the band is incredibly tight and put together.

May 31, 2007 at 6:15 PM Post #5 of 16
They have been around for 12 years or so. Not really a "new" band. The older stuff is funky and raw. The new album is good if u don't mind that the band now caters to 14 year old girls. Really it has since S.C.I.E.N.C.E. the bands best album IMO.

May 31, 2007 at 7:12 PM Post #7 of 16
I haven't bought any albums by Incubus since S.C.I.E.N.C.E. In my opinion, they went steeply downhill shortly thereafter.

May 31, 2007 at 7:43 PM Post #8 of 16
I had a mild affair with them my 2nd year of college (2001) They were on heavy rotation on alternative radio at the time, so they were mostly unavoidable. I quickly outgrew the hippie/stoner genre. That was also the year of the great rap/rock fusion which just annoyed the piss out of me.

There are certain tracks I can appreciate, but for the most part I find their music irritating.

Jun 1, 2007 at 12:14 AM Post #10 of 16
i grew out of them a while ago althoigh i do love it when i hear "Make Yourself" on a random album shuffle. They used to be pretty damn good

Jun 1, 2007 at 2:43 PM Post #12 of 16
Their new stuff blows.
Used to love their old stuff...

Jun 2, 2007 at 7:03 AM Post #15 of 16
Loved Fungus Amongus, Enjoy Incubus, and S.C.I.E.N.C.E... all great albums. A few tracks off of Make Yourself were also great, but I can't say I care for the remainder of their material.

As far as I'm concerned, Incubus stopped being Incubus the day Dirk left the band.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back