Your opinion on this card as a source:
Mar 16, 2005 at 10:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Massamune

New Head-Fier
I recently came across this card on the hardforums. I was just wondering what you of it as a prospective source...

HiTec HDA Digital X Mystique 7.1 Gold
Quote:

0.gif

1.gif

2.gif

3.gif

HDA Digital X-Mystique 7.1 GOLD introduction

* High theyk the HDA Digital X-Mystique 7.1GOLD the nose which is real-time stone monument digital 5.1 Channel ting is the world-wide initial product which embodies a function in PCI card type. Use of the high-class parts and stabilization circuit in addition quality 24bit/96kHz until the digital signal transmission is possible, all board same axle (COAXIAL) the digital output terminal/storehouse (OPTICAL) the digital output terminal it is a loading one model.

HDA Digital X-Mystique 7.1 GOLD explanation

* With the maximum 7.1 Channel support Dolby Digital 5.1, DTS 5.1 and DD-EX/DTS-ES output confrontation
The PowerDVD it uses the overview multimedia player software of WinDVD back up-to-date software Dvd program and the KMPlayer back or and it connects with 5.1 Channel and 6.1/7.1 Channel analog groove Sea U sprouting speaker and the outside eldest brother DD/DTS decoder without the inner room theater the realization is possible.
* All board same axle (COAXIAL) digital output terminal/storehouse (OPTICAL) digital output terminal loading
* 44.1kHz/48kHz/96kHz Digital input support [ Digital I/O (SPDIF-IN #2) ]
Only digital output the bay it knows it will be able to apply a digital input, in order description below high theyk it will be able to connect a Digital I/O HDA-X10 digital input-output module (XM7.1 and option star every) in order, header SPDIF_EXT and all board it raised an expandability. The maximum 24bit/96kHz the storehouse digital and Coaxial digital input unite possibly and digital input processing the signal "to output without like that with the external digital machinery and tools they support a S/PDIF input loopback" (S/PDIF input with output bypass) and the application is possible with the use which is various.

The CD digital input support [ CD_SPDIF (S/PDIF-IN#1) for a quality hour D music appreciation and DTS CD BYPASS ]
2 pin CD_SPDIF terminals which it connects with 2 pin digital audio output terminals of the CD-ROM and the Dvd-ROM ROM becoming all board in the Maine card, provides 2 pin -2 pin CD digital cables with CD analog connection or the sound question CD music appreciation which Digital Audio (CD-DA) compared to is more superior Extraction is possible. The CD digital input "with S/PDIF input loopback" (S/PDIF input with output Bypass) function general audio hour D and the digital output Bypass for grade DTS audio hour D is possible.
* Hardware interface of efficient independent input-output terminal composition/user center
The MD it recorded, in the outside market decoder connection back basic to affix the essential storehouse output TOSLINK terminal, with the care for the digital audio machinery and tools which supports a same axle digital input until the COAXIAL output terminal basic it affixed. Also 15PIN it separates the midi pot and expansion header a separate way all board MIDI_IO and in order for the connection with the outside market midi machinery and tools to be possible, it prepares, line input and microphone input, phu Ron thu /SIDE from round/the center - from pu right it ladles and and /Back from it becomes independent with the AUX_IN to make affix and the CD_IN and the CD_SPDIF the same inside the neck it sprouts big and and and it is complete and and and and it supports all input-output terminal of round and and and.

Manufacture company : High theyk
Product life : HDA Digital X-Mystique 7.1 GOLD
Processor : C-Media CMI8768/PCI-8ch+ PCI chip three
Storehouse output terminal : 24bit/96kHz The high-class TOSLINK terminal and the storehouse (OPTICAL) for a storehouse output the digital output terminal
Speaker support : 7.1/5.1/4/2 speaker output supports
Shipping expenses guidance
- General Taeg boat: 3,000 won/the Box (tightly non: 4,000 won)
- Books area and Cheju-Do: 7,000 won/the Box (tightly non: 8,000 won)
- Motorcycle khwik service: After addressee charging non/capital region area

The day boat Song guidance
- 1st boat Song : 12:00 a.m. the product which is sent out with previously payment confirmation hour day boat Song 7:00 p.m. order day ~8 generally the boat cluster it becomes by a road situation or a weather condition in small quantity lately the case which becomes boat Song is understanding does as a favor in poem and it wishes.

- 2 Cha Bae Song (Saturday exclusion) : 3:00 p.m. the product which is sent out with previously payment confirmation hour day boat Song 8:00 p.m. order day ~ generally the boat cluster it becomes by a road situation or a weather condition in small quantity lately the case which becomes boat Song is understanding does as a favor at 10:00 and it wishes.
Early the case of the company which leaves office khwik to use a service, it wishes.

- Fare: Seoul change of air reverse 3,000 won, 4,000 won capital region part areas

After ordering boat Song situation the E will be able to confirm from order inquiry of page a possibility of trying to receive a SMS letter message with the hand phone which it inputs, order hour there is.

The free Taeg boat service which corresponds to the part product means and the day or general Taeg boat service khwik it charges it does a conversion hour fare with service and.

Taeg boat and khwik the service will follow in uncontrollable natural disaster and or road situation the water service which will delay more or less it is and advantage to understand it wishes.
(Week) the all productions which it sells from the Haiti computer there is a possibility which a guarantee service the above will occur in quality and it will receive gratuitous irrigation guarantee duration manufacture company or the all productions which except the case which see clearly the duration of separate way from income company from the purchase straight road are 1 year for.

After product purchasing the exchange and returned goods of the case (7th at once) product which will be above the product to early stage are possible. (only, packing and contents water of returned goods hour product soundly do.)

To the case where the damage of the product due to the consumer fruit occurs will become the compensatory A/S control and it will follow in case and there is a water service where the A/S will be wrong.

Exchange or exchange non this the case which is wrong
- In the user in the private ownership which is responsibility the re-anger back myel the thread or the case which is damaged. Only, in order to confirm the contents of the re-anger back it excepts the case which damages the packing back.
- By the use or part consuming of the user the case which the value of the re-anger back diminishes remarkably
- By the lapse of hour justice sale price the case which the value of the re-anger back diminishes remarkably at the degree which will be difficult
- The re-anger (software and consuming width) where the reproduction is possible the case which damages the packing of the back
- For the immediacy of the only transactions the case which Presidential Order decides

The customer it charges the case shipping expenses of the exchange which is caused by with simple change of mind of the customer/returned goods and.

Is flaw to the product and the case which requests a service
- 10th at once: (Week) the Haiti computer charges the reciprocation total amount.
- 30th at once: Each one dispatch lyo the bay it charges. Namely, the amount of money which it sends with the company the customer, the amount of money which is returned the company charges in the customer.
- 30th after: The customer charges the reciprocation total amount.
Within case 10th there is not a flaw to the product the customer charges the reciprocation total amount.

When while product using the problem occurs, us (week) the customer support thread of the Haiti computer (the person in charge: It will bloom really and kyu the division chief/(02) 712-2973) with it gives it wishes a liaison and. The many case telephone brazier solution becomes easily, it is not like that, follow-on action description below the situation grasp for comes to be easy and the effect which shortens an hour gets.

Thanks,

Dave

Mar 16, 2005 at 11:22 PM Post #3 of 16
Total crap.

Mar 17, 2005 at 2:14 PM Post #4 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asmo
Total crap.

How come? I bet you have never listened to it.

I think it looks nice and it is diy friendly too (op-amps on sockets
tongue.gif
).

Mar 17, 2005 at 2:27 PM Post #5 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by breez
How come? I bet you have never listened to it.

I think it looks nice and it is diy friendly too (op-amps on sockets
tongue.gif
).

Read the specs.

Mar 17, 2005 at 3:06 PM Post #6 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asmo
Read the specs.

Only thing I could find was "100dB SNR" about the chip. I don't think we have enough info to be able to put it down by "total crap" comments.

Mar 17, 2005 at 3:18 PM Post #7 of 16
well I think it's safe, we can put it down right away.. look at the board..

Mar 17, 2005 at 3:54 PM Post #9 of 16
I don't get it either.

The only think i could point at was the fact that it is not PCI2.1 compliant since it doesn't have 2 notches/keys in the pci interface. But so doesn't the AV710.

Mar 17, 2005 at 7:32 PM Post #10 of 16
Massamune: Cards based on the C-Media CMI8768 or 8738 are hardly any better than modern standard onboard-sound codecs. You'd better go for a proper Envy24-based card, if you're interested in better audio performance.

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Apr 26, 2005 at 7:28 PM Post #11 of 16
Hello, newbie here, I was just wondering if anyone has any newer news/experiance with this card since this thread was started back on 3-16-2005. I am currently upgrading my semi-HTPC setup which currently runs a Chaintech AV-710 with Klipsch Ultra 5.1 speakers. I am interested in the fact that this card can compress every signal coming out of your computer to an AC3 signal as well as has it's own sound processor (offloading some CPU usage).

As a side note, I use my setup in 5.1 mode constantly so the wolfsen DAC on the chaintech card is pretty much worthless to me since its only for stereo. The actual 5.1 analog output on the chaintech card is better than my Realteck ALC650 (onboard) but the chaintech's Via VT1616 DAC sure doesn't feel like the night/day difference I thought it would be. So I have been looking at alternatives (Creative not being one of them... unless their next card zenith or whatever it is called is awesome... although i doubt it).

Apr 26, 2005 at 9:53 PM Post #12 of 16
That AC3 encoding sure is nice if you need/want it, but in terms of plain analog outputs this card would be hardly better than your AV-710. For good analog outputs look at something like the Revo 5.1 (which does not have AC3 encoding, but this would be superfluous anyway due to the presence of 6 good-quality analog outs without any additional data reduction [which AC3 encoding would imply]; IMHO AC3 encoding is only needed when the 5.1 analog out == "teh suck").

Apr 26, 2005 at 10:14 PM Post #13 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by breez
What exactly is wrong about the board?

As lini stated, it's the audio chipset used in that card that's of no more than mediocre quality. As such, it performs no better than some of the motherboard-embedded AC'97 chipsets.

Apr 27, 2005 at 2:33 AM Post #14 of 16
Its interesting though because it has Dolby Live! encodering (a.k.a. realtime AC3 encoding). That alone could make this card worth it to people who want to do surround-sound gaming over the digital connection and don't have a SoundStorm nForce board. Its otherwise crap though.

Oct 28, 2005 at 1:19 PM Post #15 of 16
i did try and search before i asked this and i know that

a) this thread is very old

and

b) that this card sucks for analogue output

but could i use this card for the following:

at the moment i don't have a 5.1 receiver but am planning to buy one in the nearish future and would like DDL encoding for future compatability.

in the short term i want to output to a DAC and then to amp/headphone amp and just wanted to check that this could do the same job as the av710 could do (i.e. bit perfect streaming) but then in the future could be done with a processor/receiver with the added benefits of DDL?

Thanks,

Ben

Users who are viewing this thread

Back