Your opinion on 3rd Gen Ipod touch?
May 7, 2012 at 2:21 PM Post #16 of 25
From what I understand, the 5.5G can handle the 240GB HDD. The 5G has an issue with it.

May 7, 2012 at 3:10 PM Post #18 of 25
I know there are a lot better options for sound quality but I just really like ipods for some reason. I still have my sansa sitting around and I was amazed by how much I could tell a sound quality difference between some other mp3 players and that little beast. I still have it sitting around but it was the touch one and the interface was really slow and it pissed me off a bunch. Also they don't have very large GB. I also like how I can just plug my Ipod into urines and let it do all the work. I just use my phone for apps so I could care less for a touch. BTW Verizon 4GLTE phones are worth it guys... DROID BIONIC was worth the money I spent for it by far. The sound quality isn't completely terrible either... not as good as my sands but I would say it is right there with ipods

May 8, 2012 at 10:05 AM Post #20 of 25
Quote:
Hi guys,

I currently use a 32GB Ipod Touch 3rd Generation. Which ipod version do you guys think has the best sound quality? I never use the apps on my ipod so I was thinking about getting a classic which has a much larger capacity but I have heard that they use a hard drive so they can go bad within a few years. And if the sound quality is going to be worse on one of the other ipods I really don't wanna downgrade, i will just keep what I have. Also please don't say anything about any other brands than the apple brands because I don't wanna switch over from apple right now. I have all of my songs and everything in itunes and I really like just loading my CD's into itunes and letting it do all the work for me.

I have both the iPod Touch 3G 64GB and a 5G 30GB. The 5G with the Wolfson DAC has a bit of a richer, yet darker tone, while the Touch is clearer and more accurate IMO. I tested my Touch against the Cowon D2+ (both flat, both with lossless) and the Touch was better. I think in general, Apple is underrated and maybe even hated just because they are so popular. What self-respecting audiophile would have something everyone else has? (Me!)

May 8, 2012 at 12:58 PM Post #21 of 25
I like my Touch 4G with the LumiPlay or SonicMaxPro apps.

May 8, 2012 at 1:51 PM Post #22 of 25
Okay, so I found an app called MyTunes Pro. I haven't tried to buy the full version yet (don't feel like spending 7 bucks yet) but it let's you trial the full version for 10 minutes each day and it provides a MASSIVE sound quality upgrade.... like it sounds like my sansa now good. Try it out and tell me what you guys think.

Nov 17, 2012 at 3:39 PM Post #23 of 25
I have a 3rd Gen Touch on it's way and I plan on trying some of these EQ apps.  I got a pretty good deal on the 64GB touch so I think it'll do it's job with my M50's and SP51's.  I'm coming from a 1st Gen Touch so the upgrade to 3rd gen coupled with EQ should be a tremendous difference!

I was also looking at the J3 but I wanted a lot of oem storage and I didn't want to go Classic 5.5 due to the hard-drive (using this in the gym)

Nov 17, 2012 at 5:39 PM Post #24 of 25
The 3G touch has issues with some music apps. You should have gone with a 4G touch.

Nov 17, 2012 at 8:09 PM Post #25 of 25

Users who are viewing this thread

Back