Your Online Persona
Aug 22, 2001 at 12:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35
I was just talking to one of the members on the telephone today, discussing our online personalities. So I have to ask -- how does your online persona compare to how you are in real life?

Please check one of the poll options and then give us a few words on the differences/similarities between the two.

I checked "Just like me" as I tend to be very vocal and not at all shy. If any of the forum regulars (and especially those who are also my ICQ buddies) met me in person, I don't think they'd be too surprised by my in-person personality or mannerisms.

Aug 22, 2001 at 2:35 PM Post #2 of 35
I think I'm exactly how I am on head-fi as I am in real life.

Except, of course, I occasionally say too much out here....like about RA-1s....that doesn't happen much in real life....

Aug 22, 2001 at 2:44 PM Post #3 of 35
I don't know, I guess I am pretty much the same in real life as I am on this board. I didn't even make up an alias, since I felt so comfortable already using my real name on Headwize. But I guess I'm a bit more serious on Head-Fi than I am in real life.

As for how excited I am around audio equipment and while talking about it in real life, just ask Apheared, Flashbak, or Todd and Tyll!

Aug 22, 2001 at 2:59 PM Post #4 of 35
I think I appear more grumpy and hard-headed here than I am in real life. I thnk it's mainly because my work is related to this place and I'm often trying to discuss things that are pretty serious. That coupled with the fact that I'm pretty time limited so I probably don't spend enough time working on my "persona" as I post.

Aug 22, 2001 at 5:22 PM Post #8 of 35
I am pretty much the same in real life as I am here.

I wander all over the sidewalk talking about headphones and people either pay no attention or they look at me rather strangely.

Aug 22, 2001 at 5:38 PM Post #9 of 35
Well, I'm usually not as talkative as I am online, but other than that, pretty similar...

Aug 22, 2001 at 5:44 PM Post #10 of 35
mbriant: are "you two" single?

Aug 22, 2001 at 6:00 PM Post #11 of 35
Ah, that would explain why mbriant owns so many headphones...

Aug 22, 2001 at 6:00 PM Post #12 of 35
Tyll: I'll second that! Anyone who's met Tyll knows he's about the bounciest, happiest guy around.
smily_headphones1.gif

Now, I need to find out what Tyll is like on the hockey rink!

Aug 22, 2001 at 6:23 PM Post #14 of 35
Quote:

mbriant: are "you two" single?

What do you think?

But we don't date anyone from the internet.

There's a lot of really weird people out there.

A Siamese twin can't be too careful.

Aug 22, 2001 at 6:57 PM Post #15 of 35
LOL! that's sorta mean though...

Personally, I think I'm more argumentative online than I am in person. That's the biggest difference, I suppose...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back