Your nominees for the 40th Superbowl 2006 !!
Feb 7, 2005 at 7:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

gsferrari

Member of the Trade: Veda Audio Contributor
Since this discussion seems to be going on all over the place I though I would ask you fine folk for nominations for the next superbowl!!

My nominees :-

* Sting
* Ozzy
very_evil_smiley.gif

* Bruce Springsteen (only one track...BORN IN THE USA!!! Yeah! )
* Metallica / Led Zepplin or whats left of them
wink.gif

* Mixed bag of artists from the 80's and 90's

IMHO music has really deteriorated over the years. It has gone from truly enjoyable to absolutely unbearable in a little under a decade...

So bad that 99% of my collection is from the 70s - 90s....

I dont have a single Boy Band, Girl Band, Undecided Band CD...I dont listen to Pop or the new so called "Rock, Punk, Heavy Metal".

I had a Linkin Park CD and I use it as a coaster on my glass desk...looks nice and it cannot be used to deliver music (noise really) anymore. Which is a good thing...

I prefer listening to radio static rather than tune into channels these days!!
plainface.gif

Feb 7, 2005 at 8:31 PM Post #3 of 18
forget sting - bring back The Police.

In fact, have it be all retro - Put The Police on there, with Duran Duran, and freaking U2, and rotate them all on a triangular stage just taking turns whipping out some old school 80's vibe.

Feb 7, 2005 at 8:59 PM Post #4 of 18
I don't really care, as long as they're attractive and naked mud wrestling is involved. I would of course, pay good money to see Britney & Christina do a duet and then go at it in the mud pit.
cool.gif

Feb 7, 2005 at 11:47 PM Post #5 of 18
AC/DC would be a great choice. Their music's already played over the PA system in stadiums, so it's certainly not too extreme for people. They're mainstream enough for people to recognize them and get into their songs, but hard enough to fit a sport where guys are trying to all but kill each other.

Feb 8, 2005 at 1:17 AM Post #11 of 18
Man if they had Metallica on stage and S&M tracks...I would not miss it for the world...dang...going out to buy the DVD
rolleyes.gif
LOL I listen to Nothing Else Matters at least 3-4 times a day EVERDAY...hasnt bored me one bit...one of the most meaningful albums I have ever run into!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back