Your Movie Suggestions For Us To Rent For Thanksgiving Break.
Nov 21, 2006 at 7:35 AM Post #16 of 18
Why would you rent a movie on Thanksgiving? That's the day every station puts on some of their best movies. If you're on the east coast, for some strange reason (Channel 9) it's traditionally King Kong! Sometimes the Wizard of Oz. Don't rent, enjoy a family classic.

Nov 21, 2006 at 7:59 AM Post #17 of 18
i agree with the "planes trains and automobiles" suggestion.

but i'll also throw out "battlestar galactica"...my wife and i just started season 2 and we can't stop watching!! it's a great series and a good long weekend would get you at least through the first season
wink.gif

Nov 21, 2006 at 8:01 AM Post #18 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by chadbang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why would you rent a movie on Thanksgiving? That's the day every station puts on some of their best movies. If you're on the east coast, for some strange reason (Channel 9) it's traditionally King Kong! Sometimes the Wizard of Oz. Don't rent, enjoy a family classic.

Wow, some odd choices as family Thanksgiving movies But to each his own!

I agree with chadbang, watch a classic to get you in the mood for the holidays!!

Two of the best, IMO, to get you ready for the holidays are:

1. It's a Wonderful Life (1946) - maybe James Stewarts best movie (or was it Sargent York), but then again, he had so many!! Dubbed by the American Film Institute as one of the best films ever made.. To appreciate it's greatness I recommend the black and white version which can most likely be found at Walmart for ~$10 USD.

2. The Bishop's Wife - a fine film which features none other than Cary Grant himself. Won the Academy Award for sound and was nominated for four others. You can pick this up at Walmart for about $10 as well.

3. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation - well if you haven't seen this one.... You just don't know how to appreciate Christmas.

Honorable Mentions: Miracle on 34th Street (1947), How the Grinch Stole Christmas (1966), Elf (2003), A Charlie Brown Christmas (1966).

I highly recommend seeing all of the top 3 before Christmas gets here, but if nothing else watch the first two! Sure, they're old, but they're classics and you'll love them! Trust me! Happy Holidays!
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back