your most pleasurable musical experience
Feb 3, 2005 at 5:30 PM Post #17 of 28
SRVs rendition of "Little Wing"... hands down THE one for me.

Honorable mentions:
Eric Johnson "Cliffs of Dover"
Van Halen "Eruption"
Junior Brown "Sugarfoot Rag"
Liquid Tension Experiment "State of Grace"
Queen "Stone Cold Crazy" & "Love of My Life"
Dreamtheater "The test that Stumped them all"
Sade "Jesebel"
Queensryche "Silent Lucidity" & "Empire"

**edit**
Eagles "peacefull easy feeling" live, millineum concert

Garrett

Feb 4, 2005 at 1:09 AM Post #18 of 28
Listening to Hallucinogen's "Twisted" while being utterly twisted myself. At some point I seriously thought I was a dog. I was floating through hypespace, and I was confused that my bodily proportions were all wrong, decidedly un-dog-like. I was a warped and unnatural dog. Malformed?

Definitely took me a few hours to work this one out. Drugs are bad
rolleyes.gif

Feb 4, 2005 at 2:56 AM Post #19 of 28
timing plays a huge part in musical experiences...when and where you listen....but i'd have to say that Lang Lang's Carnegie Debut live CD is full of audio orgasms...

but my most recent session must be yesterday, when i was listening to Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata played by Bernard Roberts. A few minutes into the 3rd movement, i thought i was going to cry of happiness...i'll never forget...
600smile.gif

Feb 4, 2005 at 2:57 AM Post #20 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by necropimp
i was listening to some pink floyd and... well let's not get into what was being done to me and just leave it at me listening to some pink floyd
smily_headphones1.gif

Yay for Pink Floyd.
etysmile.gif

I don't know what my best musical moment is, since my current favourite song keeps changing all the time, but right now my favourite song is "A Day in the Life" by The Beatles.

Feb 4, 2005 at 3:08 AM Post #21 of 28
i wish iTunes had higher quality options.. then i could just buy the singles of every recommended song... Ill just have to be more prudent and selective. (i actually dont mind the differences with my current gear, but i just dont want to short change myself with future gear in mind).

i've been trying to find samples of all the recomendations.. quite surprised on a lot of them.. thx!

Feb 4, 2005 at 4:21 AM Post #22 of 28
Sade: "Like a Tattoo", "No Ordinary Love", "Cherish the Day"

Sam Cooke: "Change Gonna Come"

Marvin Gaye: "Save the Children","Inner City Blues","Flyin High"

Isaac Hayes: "Look of Love"

are some good ones

Feb 6, 2005 at 3:57 PM Post #24 of 28
My most pleasureable musical experiences were seeing Led Zeppelin do "No Quarter" and "In My Time Of Dying" [this was just prior to the release of Physical Graffiti...so nobody in the audience had heard the song before...] at The Spectrum in Philadelphia in 1975. I remember the rush of hearing Led Zeppelin play "Nobody's Fault But Mine" at the Capital Center near Washington D.C. in 1977. When I saw Pink Floyd play the entire "Wish You Were Here" and "Animals" albums [with selected songs from "Dark Side Of The Moon" as an encore...] I thought "I'm ready to die..." That was a pleasureable time to say the least. [...and thankfully I didn't die] The opening of U2's "Zoo-TV" concert, which I had very good seats for, at Philadelphia's Veteran's Stadium was a spine-tingling moment as well. Actually I have had so many pleasureable musical moments that to attempt to list them is futile. This forum provides me with recommendations for new music that have given me some great moments recently. For example, I have recently gotten into Arcade Fire "Funeral," Autolux "Future Perfect," Wilco "Yankee Hotel Foxtrot," and Yo La Tengo "Elect-ro-Pura" from recommendations that I have gotten here.

PS. I too am sorry that one cannot download songs at a higher quality from iTunes. I have limited my purchases there to songs that are prereleases and exclusives that I usually delete if I ultimately obtain them from another source...

Feb 6, 2005 at 6:00 PM Post #26 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by mysticaldodo
....I'm quite curious about Alison Moyet too....

Her album "Hometime" is exquisite - it really uses and shows the strengths of her alto voice and vocal drama skills. It sounds especially compelling with a rig that brings out vocal detail well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back