Your headphones vs. your speakers poll
Oct 31, 2002 at 8:54 AM Post #16 of 38
I took the third option, although my speakers are not full range (very few are).

In almost every category my latest speaker system definitely surpasses my last headphone system comprised of a Melos SHA-I/ AKG 501.

Oct 31, 2002 at 10:18 AM Post #17 of 38
I got two RTS-3 speakers with a subwoofer that pretty much stomp all over any of my headphones...i also lined my entire room with 5/8 inch dry wall which did wonders to reduce the boomy bass as well as reduce the amount of noise leakage out of the room...more room tweeks pending... IoI
cool.gif
IoI

Oct 31, 2002 at 12:28 PM Post #18 of 38
I like BOTH!
I have Maggie 1.6 speakers and a REL Strata III sub and I like that just as much as the Sennheiser 600 and Maxed Out Home.
Different, but equally good.

Oct 31, 2002 at 2:25 PM Post #20 of 38
I, or should I say my family has a decent pair of full range speakers, unfortunately they're not well placed and the room acoustics aren't that good. As a result imaging suffers and the bass is too boomy, but if I'm just blasting Metallica it doesn't really matter. Listening to say...the Cowboy Junkies Trinity Sessions on the other hand doesn't work too well, as everything falls apart and it gets distracting.

I think it comes down to something like this, music that's suppose to be played loud gets put on the speakers, and the well recorded stuff is better on my headphones.

Oct 31, 2002 at 5:57 PM Post #23 of 38
I, too, got left out. Nice stand-mounted speakers, no sub; love them AND the 'phones.

Nov 1, 2002 at 12:57 PM Post #24 of 38
If I didn't have neighbors or other members of household to be concerned with I would never listen to headphones, I find main stereo far preferable listening experience.

I am solid option three member.

Nov 1, 2002 at 2:49 PM Post #25 of 38
Dammit people, stop nagging on markl for "not putting in your choice". Just vote the one that fits best and be done with it - the purpose of the poll is obviously not about who's got horn speakers and who's got electrostatic speakers (I know that was a joke, just using as example).

[size=medium]Great thread markl!![/size]

Nov 1, 2002 at 2:59 PM Post #26 of 38
I have pretty decent speakers (tweaked old sonys) and good headphones (HD-495 and KSC-35). I like both systems but the headphones are in another league. I'd wish speakers at least that good!

Nov 1, 2002 at 11:32 PM Post #27 of 38
I no longer have time for headphones or speakers now that an ex-Head-fi denizen has sold me his pair of hermaphrodites. (Yet oddly I've found the time to post this message.)

Nov 1, 2002 at 11:43 PM Post #28 of 38
My current speaker system sucks bad
mad.gif
(an old AIWA jukebox system). So its headphones all the way, unless I'm cooking dinner or getting ready in the morning.

However, now that I have my first headphone system together, my next purchases (except maybe for a cable upgrade, still debating), will likely be towards a speaker system.

Zin

Nov 2, 2002 at 2:19 AM Post #29 of 38
Quote:

Originally posted by Flasken
Dammit people, stop nagging on markl for "not putting in your choice". Just vote the one that fits best and be done with it - the purpose of the poll is obviously not about who's got horn speakers and who's got electrostatic speakers (I know that was a joke, just using as example).

[size=medium]Great thread markl!![/size]

This is a test, and only a test to test Markl's thickness of skin. I guess he passed.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back