Your habits when listening to music
May 17, 2006 at 4:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

MacGyver

Head-Fier
List your habits (if you have any) while listening to music.

For example, when I'm listening to a face-melting guitar solo, I tend to contort my face as if the notes were being wretched from my own hands. This may be due to my background as a musician, but it sure does get funny looks from other people. I also like to pretend I'm playing the music - via air guitar, air drums, etc.

I'm sure you guys have your own habits while listening to music, so please share!

May 17, 2006 at 4:23 AM Post #2 of 18
Depends on the band, style of music, subject matter of the songs.

Take for instance one of my favorite bands of all time, Mr. Bungle. I can go from being literally insane to happy to crying...... in one song.

May 17, 2006 at 5:02 AM Post #3 of 18
No matter what genre or anyting, im always tapping my foot, I tend to drum my fingers a lot too.. I sometimes do that face-thing too with the guitar
biggrin.gif
And of course I headbang
evil_smiley.gif

May 18, 2006 at 12:31 AM Post #4 of 18
I move my hands around a lot, and I wave my head around when cued by the music. When listening to country music, I drink and get so drunk that I just sit there admiring Johnny Cash for hours on end. If it's very intricate pieces of music, I browse Headroom and show myself that the $1200 investment next year will be more than worth it.

May 18, 2006 at 12:34 AM Post #5 of 18
Hotel California single-handedly started by Air-guitar career. If you can call it that. I'm going on tour soon. Sweet.

May 18, 2006 at 1:36 AM Post #7 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by MacGyver
Air guitar is certainly an art which not everyone can do well. And if anyone is considering a career in this highly competitional sport, you may have to face this man:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...4&q=Air+Guitar
(Michael "The Destroyer" Heffels, the 2005 World Air Guitar Champion)

wow that is a great video. what song is it?

May 18, 2006 at 4:00 AM Post #9 of 18
During a great song, im moving around and doing so much idiotic crap that its simply to much to list.
icon10.gif

May 18, 2006 at 5:18 AM Post #12 of 18
Unfortuntely at the moment it's tapping keys typeing i think i'm up to 38,000 words in my essay. (of course the odd visit here doesn't hurt in the process
icon10.gif
)

May 18, 2006 at 6:05 AM Post #13 of 18
Tapping my foot, tapping my fingers on my leg, sometimes doing random air guitar solos or random air drumming.

May 19, 2006 at 10:14 AM Post #15 of 18
classical and jazz keep me sane while I spend long lonely days and nights writing my PhD thesis and papers. Sometimes switch off, close eyes and allow the music to lift and relax me. Mozart I find is best for this, something in his music focuses me without distracting me and relaxes me without making me lose focus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back