Your greatest audio experience..
Jun 21, 2022 at 10:41 PM Post #91 of 106
I still don't know why a raven is like a writing desk.

Jun 23, 2022 at 10:55 AM Post #92 of 106
Cool stuff in this thread. I had to think about it for a bit.

Some of my most favorite audio experiences:

1. Burning Spear at Red Rocks, Colorado. Nevermind being one of the oldest and greatest reggae artists with a massive band backing him.. the power of the music was stunning. And also, smoked pot for 5 hours straight with random people in the crowd. We were all feelin it.

2. Anthrax in Albuquerque, NM. Outdoors. Band started playing, crowd was limp. I got mad, and threw my buddy into a group of big dudes. They threw him back at me and then it was ON. 10 mins later a pit of 300+ metal freaks going ape S***. The band dedicated the show to the 'insane skinny dude on the grass' :D I LOVE METAL

3. Edibles and my own library spanning Blues, Reggae, EDM, Metal, Vaporwave, etc. I have a big library of stuff but I am not always in the mood for all of it. Edibles put me in the mood :D

4. Clowncore

Jun 24, 2022 at 4:19 AM Post #93 of 106
"Late night tales - Agnes Obel" is my favorite track compilation and now available on streams. It took me to places once I've put LP in place. Anyone interested in different kind of music should give it a go. Don't pause or skip tracks and get ready for some trippy experience

Jun 26, 2022 at 7:11 PM Post #95 of 106
Another great early audio experience was using my new ca. late 1981 SONY Walkman II, the one pictured in my avatar. It was one of the nicest gifts I've ever received and I used it constantly throughout college. It sure sounded great then. The headphones didn't last long and needed to be replaced a few times, but the cassette player was pretty reliable for several years. I knew I'd be destined to be a regular headphone user since our high school band room had Koss headphones (possibly a Pro-4 series model), an AR turntable and a TEAC open real deck that I used to spend a lot of time with. I would find music-related excuses (lessons, helping set up, practice) to skip P.E. that the P.E. teacher always went for and go listen to music alone. Just like I do now 40+ years later.

s-l300.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2022 at 1:02 AM Post #96 of 106
I got to hear Radiohead at Bonnaroo from the soundbooth -- perfect mix, above any crowd noise -- because I know people who know people. An incredible performance.

Bonus: that lit-up video screen behind them was all recyled water bottles, saving the planet. Funky, scientific, grim, euphoric, everything.

Aug 4, 2022 at 9:07 PM Post #97 of 106
Mine was when my best friend's brother and his friends took us to see Steppenwolf in the ’70s. I was 13 and they thought it be fun to get me and my friend stoned before concert. Have to say being drugged with acid made for a mind-blowing first concert. I definitely took a magic carpet ride that day.
I didn’t just hear the music I could see it, feel it, it was a very interesting event in my life. Changed me to believe in the power of the mind and that reality can be bent, our sense and the way we experience sound as an event are different than a machine measuring just sound waves. If someone reports they hear a difference in cable and fuses I have no reason to dought them.

Aug 4, 2022 at 10:33 PM Post #98 of 106
If someone reports they hear a difference in cable and fuses I have no reason to dought them.
With the right kind of drugs the pattern of the wallpaper on the walls and a glass of orange juice can create audible differences too.

Aug 5, 2022 at 5:05 AM Post #99 of 106
With the right kind of drugs the pattern of the wallpaper on the walls and a glass of orange juice can create audible differences too.
Visual differences too.:relaxed:

Aug 5, 2022 at 5:24 AM Post #100 of 106
There was a morning, I was in my Dad’s truck. The song White Bird came on the tape player. I must have been 7? It was incredible!

My Dad says I stood motionless (on the floor of his truck).........spellbound.....for the whole song.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2022 at 11:15 AM Post #101 of 106
I can’t think of a better way to expend energy than to explore new music.

Try Ohio Players “Fire” to start. Or best of Sly and the Family Stone.

For Funkadelic start with their live DVD. You have to see all the zany fun going on, not just hear it. Their concerts were like a three ring circus.

I lived through the 70s but I listened to the wrong music. I listened to art rock, but I should have been listening to soul, funk and disco.
If you haven't already, check out the Commodores library, specifically, "Natural High" and "Commodores X" (ten). Also any artist affiliated with Quincy Jones.... "Brothers Johnson", Minnie Ripperton etc. If you are like me, you realize how detailed and beautiful these artist are recorded.

Aug 9, 2022 at 11:51 AM Post #102 of 106
Commodores are great!

Aug 10, 2022 at 12:13 AM Post #104 of 106
There was a morning, I was in my Dad’s truck. The song White Bird came on the tape player. I must have been 7? It was incredible!

My Dad says I stood motionless (on the floor of his truck).........spellbound.....for the whole song.

One of the classic tracks…..it has a propensity to come to mind and fill space / time…..☁️🌼🌈…..

Aug 10, 2022 at 1:56 AM Post #105 of 106
One of the classic tracks…..it has a propensity to come to mind and fill space / time…..☁️🌼🌈…..
I remember in my early 30s late 20s, I would hang out in record stores. Vinyl stores, and it turned-out to be a rare record at the time due to not ever being pressed by a major lable. It has been repressed recently, if I remember right?

Edit:
Yep, it was repressed in 2011, still highly collectible.

https://www.amazon.com/its-beautiful-day-ITS-BEAUTIFUL/dp/B0040NWPEC

$99.00 :scream:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back