Your first music purchase?
Oct 2, 2002 at 9:44 PM Post #18 of 55
1970-Iron Butterfly - In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida(live)
...HUAW-HEA-HEA-HEA.........
biggrin.gif
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Oct 2, 2002 at 10:15 PM Post #19 of 55
You know, I often wonder how much of life I'm missing -- I really can't remember anything past yesterday most of the time. How do you people remember back thirty years?

I have only a handful of CDs that I bought prior to this summer. Of those, I think Soundgarden's Superunkown must have been the first I bought -- but I can't say for sure. And, you know, music plays a fairly central role in my life. It's the things like the name of the girl I met last Saturday night -- I'm always just like, "Hey baby."

kerelybonto

Oct 2, 2002 at 10:44 PM Post #20 of 55
Quote:

Originally posted by kerelybonto
You know, I often wonder how much of life I'm missing -- I really can't remember anything past yesterday most of the time. How do you people remember back thirty years?
kerelybonto

Yeah,me too... I can forget whatever happened last week and a lot of things just pass "through me" like never happened...yet, the things I care for I never forget
biggrin.gif
. This was the first album I bought which put me into heavy rock. I usually keep my records in good shape but this one and Deep Purple in Rock(my second) and Black Sabbath-Black sabbath(my third)are so worn out you wouldn't believe your eyes... I keep them for the nostalgia of old days gone and I don't think I'll ever throw them away... No dancing party I was coming would escape this album with the keyboards crescendo opening and the ...HUAW-HEA-HEA-HEA shouts......... and then 20 min. of heavy rock and drums solo....

Oct 3, 2002 at 12:59 AM Post #21 of 55
Nirvana - Nevermind (cassette)

It's strange because I just bought the CD today...

That was only the first music purchase I bought because for a while my parents had all the cassettes I need (pearl jam, soundgarden, stone temple pilots, etc.)

Oct 3, 2002 at 8:20 PM Post #22 of 55
I'll be dating myself here but it was "Kiss Alive" when I was about 6 or 7 years old, my first vinyl record, I guess it was the makeup that intrigued me at that age, not so much the music....

Oct 3, 2002 at 9:19 PM Post #24 of 55
First LPs: Mid 60's.... Rolling Stones - "Now" and Rolling Stones - "Got Live If You Want It".

Bought them both at the same time after seeing the Stones live on The Red Skelton Show ( might have been Ed Sullivan, but I'm fairly certain it was Red Skelton.)

First 45: Mid 60's....Beatles "Please Please Me"

First 8 track: Early 70's.... Slade "Live"

First cassette: Early 70's.....Allman Bros.

First CD: Early 80's..... Pink Floyd "The Wall"

Oct 3, 2002 at 10:01 PM Post #25 of 55
Weezer's Blue album was the first CD I bought, and I still listen to it today. The first cassette I bought was Spin Doctors
cool.gif
, I think it was called Pocket Full of Kryptonite. Been a while since I listened to that one.

Oct 4, 2002 at 12:30 AM Post #27 of 55
First record owned: (dip dip dip dip dip dip) Get a Job b/w I'm Lonely.

First LP owned: Newport Folk Festival Evening Concerts (1964?)

First LP purchased: Elvis Worldwide Gold Hits.

First cassette purchased: Ramones Road to Ruin

First CD purchased: Rondstadt Canciones de mi Papa.

First 8-track purchased: Soul Train: The Hits that Made it Happen.

First cylinder: Uncle Josh Keeps His House.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back