Your first music purchase?
Oct 10, 2002 at 9:58 AM Post #46 of 55
Quote:

Originally posted by zowie
Oh man, Korvettes was the best.

This thread got me remembering for the first time in years how the records and tapes had letter stickers, not prices, and you had to look up the price on a big board. Double letters meant bad news.

Yes!!! I forgot about the letters. You're right--double letters and you were doomed.

Oct 10, 2002 at 2:01 PM Post #48 of 55
Quote:

Originally posted by RunsWithScissors

(what was the best thing before sliced bread
wink.gif
)

frown.gif

Knives.

Oct 11, 2002 at 7:14 AM Post #50 of 55
The first music purchase I can remember making with my own money was way back in 1996 (I was 13 years old then) and it was Chicago "Greatest Hits: 1982 - 1989". Don't have that CD anymore. The oldest CD in my collection, purchase-date-wise, is Journey "Trial By Fire". My music tastes have sure changed in the last couple years, from pop-rock to electronic-industrial (or EBM, or whatever you want to call it). Back then the only way I could experience music was from the radio or from my dad's aging, but plentiful cassette collection. The Internet has sure changed my music experience. Oh yeah, 1996 was also the year I got my first CD player
biggrin.gif

Oct 11, 2002 at 8:43 AM Post #51 of 55
aeberbach:

No, "500 miles" is on the album ZIG ZAG ('89) with the Hooters. But actually that wasn't my first CD as I come to think of it. It was Nervous Night ('85) with the same band that was. But the song I liked the most was 500 miles - guess I got a bit confused... The album with All You Zombies if you remember?

By the way.... I glad my taste has changed a bit since then...

Link to a Hooters discography:

Oct 13, 2002 at 9:08 PM Post #52 of 55
Creedence Clearwater Revival's Pendulum on cassette (1970?).

Oct 15, 2002 at 2:05 AM Post #54 of 55
LP: Billy Joel - Piano Man
CD: Queen - Classic Queen

I'm barely old enough to remember when CD's first came out, I was but a little kid when they were first introduced. It's surprising that I actually have records.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back