Your favorite sub-$1,000 closed-back headphones?
Dec 15, 2022 at 1:44 PM Post #316 of 323
I've heard almost always good things about the 9200. Would love to hear them/demo someday.

I also enjoyed the Clear MG, you seem to have good taste!
I have a mint set I'm considering putting on the chopping block for a fair price. I also enjoy the Clear MG. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Dec 16, 2022 at 4:50 AM Post #317 of 323
I've heard almost always good things about the 9200. Would love to hear them/demo someday.

Well worth it. After lending them out for 2 months I recently got my 9200 back and use it more now than before. It really is an excellent headphone that marries deep, strong yet clear bass with a good midrange and a nice sparkle that doesn’t cut into my eardrums.

If you try them out one day I’d be very interested in a comparison to your Signature Master. It don’t much like it’s massive headband and the pads on my past two signature models (Pro and DJ) we’re not deep enough for my ears, but I do like the sig DJ bass… the pro had a slight glare in the upper midrange and too lean bass for my taste…

Dec 16, 2022 at 9:19 AM Post #318 of 323
I agree about pad depth on the signature line. The master's sound - on the other hand - is fantastic.

I don't think I'm game for another closed back anytime soon however maybe someday I can briefly swap with someone to try them out.

Dec 20, 2022 at 2:54 PM Post #319 of 323
Well I found a pair of hardly used Elegia with new Dekoni Elite pads so bought them.
Got them today and wow, I'm very happy with them!
Now to order a balanced cable from Forza AudioWorks and an iFi Go Blu or a Questyle M15. :)

20221220_141056.jpg

Dec 21, 2022 at 3:11 PM Post #320 of 323
I know that I am being repetitive with pumping these, but Headphones.com lined up another order of the Focal Radiance and is taking pre-orders at $990.00. That is what I paid for an open box set.

Just an FYI.

Dec 21, 2022 at 5:08 PM Post #321 of 323
I was testing my little cockapoos reaction to my Sennheiser HD250 linear II headphones, playing mainly dog barking on YouTube and Kylie Minogue which stimulated excitement’s with tail wags and general looks of confusion. When I removed them from his head he did his normal, reach out for more attention and clawed the ear cup, tearing the covering.

As the original cups are no longer available, maybe it’s time for a change and a new shinny pair for me and Ted to enjoy and explore our favourite recordings (Ted’s my dog). I prefer classical and prog rock.

My question is with the legendary status of the old sealed back hd250 II is there anything at all that can be recommended in the sealed back world that can better these headphones? I probably need a current model where spares are available Or something modern-ish just in case Ted gets one on him again.

Thanks gang, from sad vintage Sennheiser owner.

Dec 21, 2022 at 5:30 PM Post #322 of 323
Dec 22, 2022 at 2:49 AM Post #323 of 323
I was testing my little cockapoos reaction to my Sennheiser HD250 linear II headphones, playing mainly dog barking on YouTube and Kylie Minogue which stimulated excitement’s with tail wags and general looks of confusion. When I removed them from his head he did his normal, reach out for more attention and clawed the ear cup, tearing the covering.

As the original cups are no longer available, maybe it’s time for a change and a new shinny pair for me and Ted to enjoy and explore our favourite recordings (Ted’s my dog). I prefer classical and prog rock.

My question is with the legendary status of the old sealed back hd250 II is there anything at all that can be recommended in the sealed back world that can better these headphones? I probably need a current model where spares are available Or something modern-ish just in case Ted gets one on him again.

Thanks gang, from sad vintage Sennheiser owner.
Unfortunately i don’t know the hd250, since I always gravitated more to Beyerdynamic than Sennheiser… in that vein you might want to try the DT700, which is an excellent closed back at a very reasonable price. And Beyerdynamic has good support with spare parts being available for quite some time. The DT700 also seems to be quite robust, but I’d not let a dog chew on them :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back