Your Favorite Sigur Ros album
May 30, 2007 at 6:50 AM Post #16 of 26
Takk... then Ágætis Byrjun. It might even be Ágætis Byrjun but the videos from Takk... brought tears to my eyes, literally!

May 30, 2007 at 6:51 AM Post #17 of 26
Agaetis Byrjun, followed closely by (). Tried to listen to Von and Takk, but didn't like them (yet?
smily_headphones1.gif
).

May 30, 2007 at 3:28 PM Post #18 of 26
() by far, I absolutely love that album. I can't say the same of the other ones.

May 30, 2007 at 7:58 PM Post #19 of 26
() defiantely.

Jun 3, 2007 at 9:40 PM Post #20 of 26
I was most impressed by the virtuosity of Agaetis Byrjun, but () is a more refined, subtle listen...It's difficult to say which is my favorite.

Here's a quick sob story: They played at the Orpheum Theater in Madison, WI in 2005 and my friend and I decided to trek over there on the night of the performance to see if we could procure tickets from some entrepreneurial concert-goers. These two guys happened to be selling one ticket each. Both for $30. I had $25 and so did my friend. Instead of being sane people and sprinting to the nearest ATM to get the extra $10, my friend and I just stood there and waited for the sellers to drop their price. That price drop never happened...other people bought the tickets, and my friend and I will forever regret what has to be one of the stupidest decisions we've made in our lives. And guess what prevented my friend going to the ATM? He was afraid of a freaking surcharge! Now, whenever I hear another rave above Sigur Ros in concert, I just look at my friend and he silently apologizes.

Jun 3, 2007 at 10:45 PM Post #21 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine's definitely (), by a mile.

The thing that is so interesting about () is that by the time that these guys actually recorded it, they hated what they were playing. This made it even more emotional and depressing for the listener...

I wish more producers would torture their artists when they're recording heavy music like that...
biggrin.gif

Jun 5, 2007 at 12:16 AM Post #23 of 26
( ) is better than Agaetis Byrjun (owguytis biryoon), which is a bit better than Von, and in my opinion Takk... is WAY behind. Takk... is just too weak with the buildups and not dreamy enough, especially when compared with the near perfection of the previous two albums - and while still a good album, it was a disappointment. ( ) on the other hand is simply stunning, with Lis Er Stille's The Construction of the AmpTrain, it stands as my favorite post rock album ever.

It's "siur rose" by the way (say "rose" fast, and its like the i in "bit").

Jun 5, 2007 at 4:48 AM Post #25 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is unbelievable live, as well. Drive however far you have to to see them.

I completely agree! I was fortunate enough to see them live in the fall of '06 and sat dead center front row!!! (perhaps not best audio wise)
tongue.gif
I was actually worried that all the good seats were taken when I called and ordered tickets from Calvin College's box office, and the lady gave me a few choices as to what section we could sit at. I asked her for her suggestion for best seats, and she suggested to me the orchestra pit. The tickets had seat numbers on them, but when we got there it was first come first serve!!!
icon10.gif

As far as my favorite Sigur Ros album, too hard to pick. I like them all too much with the exception of Von, never bought it. If I had to pick one though, I could probably only narrow it down to 2, and they would be () and Takk...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back