your favorite music when you are sad?
Nov 14, 2010 at 3:43 AM Post #2 of 53
Arcade fire and the flaming lips. Then usually some Gorillaz or Outkast to chear me up

Nov 14, 2010 at 7:51 AM Post #4 of 53
"Epitaph" by King Crimson.

When I'm down in the dumps, it's always nice to know that, yes, there is something in the world that could make me feel worse. If you've ever heard it, you'll realize that it's among the most depressing songs ever recorded. It's hard to feel too bad by comparison.

Nov 14, 2010 at 12:13 PM Post #5 of 53

Quote:
"Epitaph" by King Crimson.

When I'm down in the dumps, it's always nice to know that, yes, there is something in the world that could make me feel worse. If you've ever heard it, you'll realize that it's among the most depressing songs ever recorded. It's hard to feel too bad by comparison.

heyi just heard it and seem to agree with you :)

Nov 14, 2010 at 12:22 PM Post #6 of 53

Quote:
When I'm down-ish I don't want to hear happy music. It does not fit the mood so I keep it at easy going instrumental music like ambient or introspective guitar work.

I feel you, its hard to find a good song when you are sad/depressed....songs by Apocalyptica in my case.
Hearing the cello playing is nice, relaxing. 

Nov 15, 2010 at 5:06 AM Post #8 of 53
Depends on the type of "sadness" for me. When my girlfriend dumped me, I had James Blunt's "Goodbye My Lover" virtually on a continuous loop. It really helped me through the breakup.

A list of specific songs that I like:
  1. Why They Call It Falling - Lee Ann Womack
  2. Goodbye My Lover - James Blunt
  3. You're Beautiful - James Blunt
  4. My Wish - Rascal Flatts
  5. What Hurts the Most - Rascal Flatts
  6. The Power of Love - Celine Dion
  7. Think Twice - Celine Dion
  8. If That's What It Takes - Celine Dion

Nov 15, 2010 at 6:13 PM Post #10 of 53
Nothing in some situations. Sometimes I just want silence. If not The Verve's "Life's An Ocean" and "History" are good. Sometimes Kyuss' "Demon Cleaner" which is uplifting in a strange way.

I should mention the soundtrack for the film "Amélie" by Yann Tiersen. It is special for me... So much I have not mentioned.

Nov 15, 2010 at 7:13 PM Post #12 of 53
Solo piano- David Lanz, Lorie Line, The Temptations, Sam Cooke. King Crimson's Epitaph is a classic for being down. A couple of songs are Cat Stevens Sad Lisa and Lady D'arbonville.

Nov 17, 2010 at 10:39 PM Post #15 of 53
Some oldies in my case...Air supply. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back