Your favorite music player ...
Feb 8, 2004 at 7:56 PM Post #16 of 34
Quote:

Originally posted by lan
I'm back to using Winamp 2.
biggrin.gif
I find the resampling set to TOP is better than foobar2000. I never bothered with TOP before because it needs a hefty CPU.

Hey Lan, what is TOP?

Thanks,

Patrick

Feb 8, 2004 at 10:49 PM Post #18 of 34
Foobar 2000 with Kernel Streaming and Convolver using the LP 12kHz 36dB Impulse File.

Sounds good
rs1smile.gif

Feb 8, 2004 at 11:34 PM Post #19 of 34
Quote:

Originally posted by Ctn
try jet audio

I have the last version 6 Premier - not good enough.

Now I like more and more Foobar 2000 Special - lots and lots of options. - it loks like "linux" - very flexible. - I'll do a review on it 2-3 days from now.

So if you know something more profesional I'll be thankful.

Thanks anyway - i'm looking forword for more exotic players - so please more more more

Feb 8, 2004 at 11:54 PM Post #20 of 34
Quote:

Originally posted by Patrickhat2001
Hey Lan, what is TOP?

That's just a quality setting. The ASIO output plugin in Winamp has Low, High, and Top.

Feb 9, 2004 at 12:53 AM Post #21 of 34
I'm using foobar 2000 and winamp 2, which was particularly difficult to find a download for.

Foobar is compatible with all the formats that run through my machine ( m4a, aac, mp3, wav, aiff, flac, shn, ape ) what with all the etree.org and what not. But Winamp is a lot easier to use and I think sounds better.

I use iTunes occasionally to upload to my pod.

Feb 9, 2004 at 4:04 AM Post #22 of 34
Quote:

Originally posted by lan
I'm back to using Winamp 2.
biggrin.gif
I find the resampling set to TOP is better than foobar2000. I never bothered with TOP before because it needs a hefty CPU.

I use basically the same thing. I've used Winamp forever and stuck with 2.xx for a long time (3 sucked). Lately I've been using Winamp5. The new skinning is nice but it's still slower than 2.xx. I also use the ASIO plugin with resampling and TOP quality. I tried to convert to foobar 3 separate times because everybody raves about it, but I just never really liked it. I'm not much of a playlist guy, so I'd rather have Winamp's slick UI than foobar's better file management features.

Feb 9, 2004 at 5:15 AM Post #24 of 34
Winamp 5. Used to use Winamp 2, but I like Winamp 5's file management a lot better.

Artist - Album - Track # - Title
smily_headphones1.gif
Couldn't do that with Winamp 2i don't think...

Tried using foobar, but it's still a bit too young for me right now. I'll wait until more stuff is out for it (too lazy to learn it all really...). Anyways Winamp 5 is good enough for me right now.

Feb 9, 2004 at 5:34 AM Post #25 of 34
Foobar2000, I love tabbed playlists, and the file management is excellent, I could care less about the skin/UI because it is minimized almost always, its job is to play music, not look pretty

Winamp 5, I dunno, I tried it, just prefered foobar, winamp5 you gotta get a tonne of plugins for everything, pain in the arse sometimes, and I prefer foobars sound. Although, I havn't tried ASIO on TOP setting, maybe i'll give that a shot again sometime soon, I just use directsound w/hardware mixing enabled.

Read a few things that really stated that directsound is best, compared to asio and kernel streaming even.

Feb 9, 2004 at 2:10 PM Post #26 of 34
Quote:

Originally posted by br--
I have this wierd issue with foobar 2000. Sometimes when I'm in explorer and I highlight a group of songs and press enter, foobar only loads some of the songs. Sometimes half of the songs and sometimes only 1 song. Then the other times it works like it should.

Have any of you folks experienced this?

YAP but I don't know what versin you have so download it again from here and see if that happen again. If so tell me.

http://www.x-sound.com/gb/005/000/002/00000086.htm

Feb 9, 2004 at 2:33 PM Post #27 of 34
Feb 9, 2004 at 4:57 PM Post #28 of 34
this is a player that somepeoples say is better then Foobar 2000

MUSIK -"we don't care about foobar"-
biggrin.gif

http://musik.berlios.de/

and the beauty of it isthat is an open-source
biggrin.gif

and • Winamp 5.02 released 2/6/04

Feb 9, 2004 at 7:02 PM Post #29 of 34
What do you think about Quintessential player - any experience with it?

Thanks.

Feb 10, 2004 at 4:12 AM Post #30 of 34
I'm a foobar user here. I like the all-in-one plugin packages they offer. Covers all of the formats I have. I also like the simplistic look

Users who are viewing this thread

Back