Your Favorite Music Genre
Oct 19, 2004 at 1:12 AM Post #31 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by D-EJ915
****!
600smile.gif

Didn't see Indie/Hindi before, that's hilarious.

yea that one was just for fun. i knew its hits would be so low that if one of them really did like it then they would put it in one pile... the other/no music pref seemed kinda out of line also so i felt it should be piled together. well i would put more but i had a 20 line limit.

i guess i should have taken out some, but i don't really know what people's pref are.

Oct 19, 2004 at 4:19 AM Post #33 of 49
ambient, goa/psy trance, and visual kei

Oct 19, 2004 at 10:59 AM Post #36 of 49
I don't usually look at the music section at head-fi, but I'm here tonight.

I listen to underground hip-hop mostly but also a little of old funk, jazz, breaks, turntablism, afro-cuban, jazz-funk, 70's soul, acid-jazz, rare groove. Actually it isn't really underground hip-hop, it's actually just hip-hop, and I have to say "underground" because it's the only way I can differentiate it from what you may think is hip-hop if you didn't really know it. Most of it is from independent artists because major record labels aren't interested in hip-hop. The "hip-hop" that you see on TV is usually pop RnB with rapping in it.

By the way..congratulations to my friends Koolism who just won an ARIA Award (Australian Record Industry Association).

Oct 19, 2004 at 7:11 PM Post #37 of 49
Classical: K1000, HD 600, Ety 4s, and occasionally SR 325.

some Jazz: the HD 600 usually are best here

very occasional rock: the Grados.

Oct 19, 2004 at 11:03 PM Post #38 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_mocok
hip hop underground ? how its sound like ?

i know 3lusiv3 is one listener...

one mic by NAS was an underground hip hop which went mainstream. But thats one of the more mainstream underground...

Oct 20, 2004 at 8:09 AM Post #39 of 49
There was a category listed for Electronic and another one for Trance/House/Dance, which I'm not sure why they were broken up. I selected Electronic since industrial is often put in that category and most of the industrial I listen to is on the electro-industrial side, but industrial really should have been a category of its own.

I also listen to a bit of rock, am starting to slowly get into classical (I think I like chamber music), and listen to some Middle Eastern traditional sometimes. Oh, the poll is missing a world music entry, too.

Oct 20, 2004 at 9:01 AM Post #40 of 49
I voted for R&B simply because it seems to take up a bit more of my music collection than any other single genre. I seem to have a soft spot for the various R&B vocal groups from the 90's...

In truth, I don't really favor any particular genre. I have classical, jazz, R&B, christian, rock, alternative, electronic, country... you name it, I probably have some of it... well, okay I don't like death metal type stuff...
biggrin.gif

Oct 20, 2004 at 11:27 AM Post #42 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by donovansmith
There was a category listed for Electronic and another one for Trance/House/Dance, which I'm not sure why they were broken up. I selected Electronic since industrial is often put in that category and most of the industrial I listen to is on the electro-industrial side, but industrial really should have been a category of its own.

I also listen to a bit of rock, am starting to slowly get into classical (I think I like chamber music), and listen to some Middle Eastern traditional sometimes. Oh, the poll is missing a world music entry, too.

yea i just couldn't think about all those possibilities and with a 20 post limit. Is there a possibility for me to edit the post? i should take out indie/hindie and raggae and add industrial and world music..

also i think alternative is also under rock... not really sure myself what the difference is.

but looking at the polls seems like there are a lot of either genres not mentioned that people like or no one really has one set pref. anywaz... its basically classical, metal, rock, electronics for the majority and then a few others. which is strange cuz big time radios for mainly youth are either rap, pop, r&b, and rock (including metal)

Oct 20, 2004 at 1:30 PM Post #44 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by lee0539
yea i just couldn't think about all those possibilities and with a 20 post limit. Is there a possibility for me to edit the post? i should take out indie/hindie and raggae and add industrial and world music..

also i think alternative is also under rock... not really sure myself what the difference is.

but looking at the polls seems like there are a lot of either genres not mentioned that people like or no one really has one set pref. anywaz... its basically classical, metal, rock, electronics for the majority and then a few others. which is strange cuz big time radios for mainly youth are either rap, pop, r&b, and rock (including metal)

I suppose most metal voters are into "darkest desires" kind of stuff, which absolutely never gets air time in radio. I suppose rock voters are also more into classic rock, which isn't played on hit stations either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back