Your favorite media player?
Jun 24, 2011 at 9:20 PM Post #46 of 79
Been using Foobar (still learning how to use all the features) and Mediamonkey. 

Jun 25, 2011 at 6:30 AM Post #52 of 79

Quote:
Why can't you play 8-bit oldies on Winamp? Are you talking about trackers?

Yes, modules and the likes. It can but I think I was just fed up with WinAmp not playing all formats I want it to or buggy playback and started looking for something else. XMPlay is said to be designed for module playback when it started out and has evolved to play a whole lot now. ASIO/WASAPI supported which was ofcourse a requirement for me. The player sits there ever so comfortably and minimal; I am just content
normal_smile%20.gif

Jun 25, 2011 at 11:02 AM Post #53 of 79
I used to use winamp. Then they started adding so much clutter to the UI and it started bogging down for me

Haven't seen much of that, it seems very quick and responsive, not to mention I can do a lot of customization on it. Question, can I use winamp to sync my music to a Cowon J3? Because I'm on the market for a new Music Player and the forums suggest for a Cowon.

Jun 25, 2011 at 11:49 AM Post #54 of 79
I voted iTunes cause that's what I've been using more (macbook ftw) otherwise i'd say I use Foobar 2k it's a great player on windows! but it has crashed on me a couple of times. iTunes hasnt yet and on my mac it's very useful and user friendly i cant knock it if it plays music properly XD

Jun 25, 2011 at 7:19 PM Post #55 of 79
I used foobar2k a long time then switched to uLilith I forgot how long ago.
I use Winamp on my Samsung Galaxy S, lol.

Jun 26, 2011 at 8:07 AM Post #56 of 79
i voted 'other'.  i'm running J River Media Media Center 16, outputing WASAPI - Event Style with W7 64-bit.  foobar is fine, but WASAPI sounds a skosh better to my ears vs. ASIO4ALL.

Jun 26, 2011 at 8:48 AM Post #58 of 79
Aimp3, i used to use winamp and foobar. but this one I like because it comes with asio and wasapi support already and it compact. For me its more stable then winamp.

Jun 26, 2011 at 10:09 AM Post #59 of 79
Jun 26, 2011 at 10:21 AM Post #60 of 79

Quote:
sorry, i forgot to mention i couldn't get the WASAPI plug-in to work consistently with Vista/foobar.  now with W7, i haven't reevaluated.

It works for me with W7 Ultimatex64.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back