Your favorite Jethro Tull?
Jul 14, 2005 at 7:16 PM Post #16 of 21
1. Songs from the woods

2. Thick as a brick

3. Heavy horses

I haven't really heard any others, so that's the list for now, but none of the above have disappointed me.

Jul 14, 2005 at 11:11 PM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by iano
Definiately Aqualung for me - I find myself humming the tunes and words while at work (getting many quizzical looks from my co-workers) - I find this specific album the most memorable, though certainly there are great tracks on other CD's also of course (I also like Benefit and Min strel in the Gallery of the others).

If only a really good remastered version of Aqualung were available - I have tried the gold CD version etc, but unlike many others of the Tull CD's this never seems to have been truly remastered and/or brought our on SACD/DVD=Audio.

Out of interest, does anyone know why this is?

Ian

Sadly it was not a technically good recording to begin with. The best results I've had are with early vinyl pressings.

Jul 15, 2005 at 7:43 PM Post #18 of 21
Too many.

What's nice about Tull is that each album has a different character.

Some favourites:

Minstrel in the Gallery -- gotta second this one, completely under-rated (well, maybe not in this thread)
Heavy Horses -- not just a sequel to the wonderful Songs From The Wood, this one is quite good in its own right. No Lullaby rules.
Stormwatch -- another good one that I don't listen to often enough
Broadsword and the Beast -- some great tunes on here, Ian Anderson really had some strong songwriting on this one.

Jul 16, 2005 at 1:20 AM Post #19 of 21
1.Thick as a Brick
2.A Passion Play
3.Aqualung

...these three are my Tull favorites also.

Jul 16, 2005 at 2:59 PM Post #21 of 21
I was a huge Tull fan as a kid and loved Passion Play. I recently found a vinyl copy. Great stuff.

After PP, I would say, wow, I don't know what to say. There are so many good ones. I will say this, Song's from the Wood was probably the last Tull album I liked.

They are playing here in October. That will be a must see for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back