Your favorite IEM tips?
Jan 20, 2008 at 6:52 PM Post #33 of 55
I hope this question suits in here.

I use the medium silicone tips and the bi-flanges with my UE SF 5 Pros, in which size should I buy the Shure black olives? I think medium should fit, or? Are 28€ a good price for a pack with 5 pieces?

And my second question, can I use the Shure triple-flanges with my UE SF 5 Pros?

Aug 4, 2009 at 10:41 PM Post #35 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoomzDayz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i used to be a big fan of olives but now i'm going back to flanges + olive oil. so easy to slide in, better isolation, cleaner sound.

maybe it will change yet again later.. however a problem with the foamies is that because of my ear canal shape, the foam pushes the right ear seal out more making the sound less in amplitude, which is really annoying. i guess this is becacuse the ends are tapered. flanges do not have this problem.

Olive Oil? Really? I'm new to this thing but doesn't that gunk up your ears and feel... well... slimey? =)

Aug 4, 2009 at 11:04 PM Post #36 of 55
Comply Tx-100 with my Shure SE530. I get a better fit with them than with the olives. I always felt the olives were about to pop out of my ears. My only complaint with the complys is that they don't last more than two weeks.

Sep 3, 2009 at 5:17 AM Post #38 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dual flange silicon.
Or actually triple flange ones with the smallest flange cut of and a shortened stem

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acoustic Chef /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Triple flange snipped to a double flange

Does anyone know what triple flange(manufacture) was used, and does anyone have a pic of the finished product?

smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 3, 2009 at 7:24 AM Post #39 of 55
I wish I could vote for triple flange and shure olives, because I use my triples for extended listening at home and my olives for noisy environments. I'm sure many users do the same.

Sep 3, 2009 at 7:28 AM Post #40 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i voted black foams.

i would have voted custom but customs are not always perfect and for the sake of a wider array of peeps that dont wanna spend on custom tips i voted what i think is the best universal tip

I personally don't think the um56 tips are all that great. They're not as comfortable as my shure olives most of the time, and they don't give me such a great sound improvement, being I spent $100 bucks on them. I'm returning them shortly... but maybe others can shed some light on their opinions if custom tips?

EDIT: Sorry for double post, just had to get that in there. :\

Sep 3, 2009 at 7:59 AM Post #41 of 55
Custom Tips, UM56. Klipsch comes after for comfort, Comply for Comfort, Shure Olives for Sound and Isolation.

Sep 3, 2009 at 8:25 AM Post #42 of 55
IEMs : Westone UM3Xs

My ear tips ranking, based on my listening preferences (clarity and accuracy).
1) Custom sleeves : Originally for hearing aids devices. Roughly simlar to comply but better bass and treble extensions.
2) Modded tripple flanges. More treble energy.
3a) Gray Silicone small : Easy to use
3b) Shure olives : Almost similar to the gray silicones, but with better isolation and much better balanced than the comply.
4) Short comply : The UM3X's default tips. Good isolation and bass but, the treble ....
5) Long comply : Might be too long for my ears
smily_headphones1.gif
, Muffles treble more than the short one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cry_Me_A_River /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone know what triple flange(manufacture) was used, and does anyone have any pic of the finished product?
smily_headphones1.gif

Example:. The modded triple flanges, beside the UM3Xs + custom sleeves.
bakhtiar-albums-westone-um3x-picture3202-modded-triple-flanges.jpg

Thank you.

Sep 3, 2009 at 10:26 AM Post #43 of 55
I love my Etymotic Gliders. Seriously the best tip in existence.

Sep 3, 2009 at 4:16 PM Post #44 of 55
Right now my favorite tips for ER4 are ADDIEM small silicones on Ety's grey foamies' tubings. When the classic black foamies were discontinued I've been trying Shure olives with spacers (don't go deep enough, bass rolloff), Ety triflanges (sound is perfect, but uncomfortable), new grey foamies (absolutely nothing to write home about).
Finally I tried putting small tips from ADDIEM package on the Ety tubes and really liked the result. First, they go deep enough, second, they're extremely comfy, third, you keep the exact length and "anti-horn" construction of the tubing which gives the Etys its special treble quality.

Sep 3, 2009 at 7:02 PM Post #45 of 55
Personally, I prefer the T-100 Comply tips because they're soft and fairly durable considering I have dry ears and more importantly they're actually comfy to wear for long periods. Isolation wise, they're pretty good.

After many friends suggestions I finally tried the little black olives used by Shure 530's although the material is pretty nice, more resistant to oily ears; I find they're still too damn big for my ears, even the small one with the one dot, I get a odd pain after a couple hours of wearing.

Customs are my next move, currently looking for a professional audiologist in my area. I'm thinking of the Westone ES3x - I'm a big fan of Westone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back