Your favorite headphones: What don't you like about them?
May 20, 2009 at 9:01 PM Post #46 of 50
Grado sr225. Can be uncomfortable if you don't put them in your head correctly. Once set they are very very comfortable.
Wish they were just "plug and play" in the sense of just putting them on, perfect fit, and enjoy music.

BTW writing this and just found the perfect fit
biggrin.gif

Shure se-210. Quite bulky, cable to short and need extension (provided) which adds more weight. They lack in the bass department.

May 20, 2009 at 9:52 PM Post #47 of 50
The left earcup connection on my 650s became loose, fortunately it was the lead.

May 20, 2009 at 10:41 PM Post #48 of 50
UE11 - Slightly imperfect fit on the right side means I have to adjust it sometimes.... I guess they don't quite match the hugeness/soundstage of a good pair of over-ear phones. (But they make up for it in wonderful intimacy, isolation, and glorious detail & extension. I love em.)
ESW10JPN - Lacks isolation, so I don't feel as close to the music. Bass is great, but it's not a bass oriented phone like I usually enjoy. (But great detail and amazing energy in the mids and highs.)
Edition 9 - #1: insides of ear cups rest on the tops of my ears. This gets uncomfortable after a while. #2: I feel like there's a bit of muddiness or unsureness about the midrange somewhere... and that transients could be a little more snappy. (GREAT BASS, soundstage, and over all bad ass experience -- especially out of my RPX-33. I'm really hoping the Edition 8 will address my quibbles.)

May 20, 2009 at 11:21 PM Post #49 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by john53 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
your hd 600's are 5 years old?Mine are 5 years old too.The new earpads i bought two mounths ago were not the same as the old ones.The new were thinner/shorter than the old,which were already worn out.
Have you ever tried new earpads(not so new anyway,the dealer told me that sennheiser changed them 2-3 years ago).I can't understand why they made them thinner.

No, I haven't, mine are still all right, although color bleached and flattened, they are in a relatively good shape (they do not suffer from washing the way the headband cushion did) - in fact your story just made me want to hang on to them for a while longer...

May 20, 2009 at 11:24 PM Post #50 of 50
I love the K1000s, but that bass roll off really sucks.

I would love to be able to check out the Qualias, but Sony discontinued them after a very short time.

More generally, I hate it when high end headphones are designed with hardwired cables. Both of my beloved full sized headphones are guilty of this. Getting a new cable involves sending the headphones away to the cable maker, which is a big hassle. It's also impossible to use more than one cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back