Your favorite guitar solos?
Mar 1, 2013 at 7:56 PM Post #76 of 95
Somebody is a large fan of David Gilmour 
bigsmile_face.gif
. I think my favorite solo is little wing by Hendrix. Although I really enjoy stevie ray vaughn's version too considering it's recorded much better.

Mar 1, 2013 at 9:59 PM Post #77 of 95
Nice solos by Gary Moore, a rocker turned bluesman. Some here may remember Gary as the former lead guitarist for Thin Lizzy.

Rest in peace, Gary.

Mar 2, 2013 at 1:59 PM Post #78 of 95
Hey Headphile, thx for posting the Gary Moore links. I wasn't aware of him. Good stuff!

He really puts a lot of feeling into his playing.

Mar 5, 2013 at 7:32 PM Post #80 of 95
Steve Howe's blistering solo on "Awaken" from the Yes album Going For The One.  It starts at 2:48 and ends at 3:56. How in the hell did he do that?

BTW: I just downloaded this album from HD Tracks in 24/96 WAV. It is delicious!

Mar 6, 2013 at 8:09 PM Post #82 of 95
Steve Vai, very tasteful and melodic...

Mar 12, 2013 at 4:31 PM Post #84 of 95
I read the whole thread and was wondering why steve vai wasnt mentioned... until the last post. I will post a couple

Steve Vai - For the love of God
Steve Vai - Tender Surrender

Mar 21, 2013 at 8:03 AM Post #88 of 95
Not soon after I posted about Alvin Lee's solo at Woodstock and then downloaded his latest CD, Lee died unexpectedly at 67 (complications from minor surgery). Wow, I guess I jinxed the poor guy. Very interesting musician. Apparently he never wanted to be a rock and roller star, more interested in blues. But that was some performance, no doubt about it. In college (I am old) we all loved that piece of film. And it sounded good too (unlike much of the Woodstock performances).

That's really sad. TYA and Alvin Lee ...great stuff!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back