your favorite cocktail?
Nov 17, 2008 at 12:22 AM Post #17 of 57
Mojito and Long Island Ice Tea

Nov 17, 2008 at 4:50 PM Post #18 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rock&Roll Ninja /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Been drinking traditional absinthe cocktails lately (They'be been illegal for 97 years or so..... might as well find out what all the fuss was about): 1 part absinthe to 4 or 5 parts water that also melts the sugar cube (so its served very neat, not all that shocking since its 130proof).

Very much liquorice flavored with a minty or menthol "tongue burn" afterwards. Pretty good but I need to work on the sugar content (one cube is too bitter and two is just a little too sweet).

PS: Still haven't seen that green fairy yet.

Oh, that must be my problem. I wasn't putting very much water in mine. I started using Monster Energy drinks in my Absinthe cocktails. I can't drink either of them straight, but they are better together. I also will occasionally make a Vodka martini and use absinthe instead of vermouth.

I haven't seen the fairy yet either.

Nov 18, 2008 at 12:04 AM Post #20 of 57
Margaritas
Jack and Coke
Captain Coke
Do Irish Car Bombs count as a cocktail?

Nov 18, 2008 at 12:41 AM Post #21 of 57
Good old fashioned classic cocktails. Burbon Manhattan, up with a stemmed cherry, Jim Beam or Maker's Mark and a Classic Sidecar - Hennessy, Cointreau, fresh lemon/lime juice, touch of something orange, perhaps Gran Marnier, and garnish with a sugar rimmed glass and toasted orange rind. The best to my taste can be had at the Lodge at Pebble Beach. Exquisite.

Really though, it's wine I really like!

Nov 18, 2008 at 2:06 AM Post #23 of 57
Long Island Ice tea.

Just turned 21 last month but I havn't tried any other drinks, can anyone recommend anything in the vein of my favorite aforementioned drink?

Nov 18, 2008 at 2:20 AM Post #25 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by sean3089 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bartender glass filled with ice
pour in Ketal one
squeeze 1/2 lemon
fresh white pepper (3 twists of pepper mill)
shake
strain into glass of your choice
smooov...aahhh

wow that sounds really good, I'll have to try it one day, nice and simple recipe and i love me some ketel one

Nov 18, 2008 at 4:38 PM Post #27 of 57
It's known that music preferences are fairly predictive of ethnic/cultural/racial background...wonder about cocktail preference?

My recent favorite has been a good clean vodka collins. Caipirinhas are delicious too, and a good scotch on the rocks is hard to beat when the mood strikes. Bloody Mary's are my favorite for long flights...don't ever find myself ordering them on land though...

Nov 18, 2008 at 7:21 PM Post #28 of 57
What a difficult question.

I can go for a Malibu rum and appletiser right now. Love Southern Comfort and lemonade/sprite or straight on ice. Old fashioned brandy and coca cola (klippies 'n coke for the other south africans here
biggrin.gif
). Ah, Amarula on ice. It's just has be kind of sweet and enjoyable.

Then there is ofcourse the thing I was well known for: double (or more) Stroh and cola. Would that even be considered a cocktail? Whether it was a night on the town or just at the beach cafe, there it was ... tall glass of diluted Stroh.

Doesn't matter really 'cos with all the good intentions of a nice cocktail evening, by the end of the night all that stuff winds up in one glass anyway and I'm flat on my ear ... or someone else's ear.
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back