Your Favorite Chill-Out/Downtempo:
Jun 6, 2006 at 3:21 PM Post #16 of 52
Brian Eno - Ambient 1,2,3 & 4
Einaudi - Echoes
Mike Oldfield - Tr3s Lunas
Jean Michel Jarre - Waiting For Cousteau (long piece)
Mike Oldfield - Hergest Ridge (Part one)

Jun 6, 2006 at 4:57 PM Post #17 of 52
Boards of Canada

Jun 6, 2006 at 5:02 PM Post #18 of 52
Ulrich Schnauss is awesome, thought I've been having difficulty finding any of his albums for sale.
frown.gif

Zero 7 is great, though I like When It Falls even better than Simple Things.

Theivery Corp, Cinematic Orchestra, Koop, DJ Shadow, Lemon Jelly, Gotan Project and Lamb are all favourites of mine as well.
wink.gif

As for other suggestions... those will have to wait until I get home and have access to my collection. I've been really enjoying Nighmares on Wax recently.

Jun 6, 2006 at 5:18 PM Post #19 of 52
Well I dont have many seeing as how Im a pretty big metal head but I guess a few would be:

Opeth - Damnation
Alice in Chains - Unplugged
Vashti Bunyan - Just Another Diamond Day

Jun 6, 2006 at 6:02 PM Post #20 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Floodedstatue
Checked this out last night after your recommendation and it blew me away!
basshead.gif

Thanks for the heads-up, spaceman! Damn head-fi: my bank balance is suffering once again.
evil_smiley.gif

Enjoy! These guys are my all-time favourite.....wish they were still recording.

Jun 9, 2006 at 10:37 AM Post #23 of 52
Guys, you should definitely try DJ Krush. Try the albums Code 4109 or Milight. DJ Krush is a Japanese artist who gathered fame in Japan (although nobody I met from Japan knows him), but today he is based in Paris. He is said to be genuinely assosiated with the Yakuza. :S

He's abit different from other sweet sounding down tempos like Zero 7, Lamb etc. DJ Krush's tracks have a hint of hiphop mixed with lounge. The sound is very very simple with bass heavy beats. Has a somewhat Japanese sound to it too. Hard to explain, but yeah. Definitely recommended.

Jun 9, 2006 at 12:43 PM Post #24 of 52
Yeah, DJ Krush is very cool... I like that track with the japanese rapper on Code 4109.

Jun 11, 2006 at 2:51 AM Post #27 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by spaceman
I second Zero 7's Simple Things. Kruder & Dorfmeister's K&D Sessions is one of my all-time favorites.

If you are digging K&D check out...

Tosca (Richard Dorfmeisters solo stuff)
Peace Orchestra (Peter Kruders solo stuff)

Peace Orchestra will deliver bass that you never thought possible. He is my favorite of the two. A downtempo genius.

Jun 11, 2006 at 4:41 PM Post #29 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
Ulrich Schnauss is awesome, thought I've been having difficulty finding any of his albums for sale.
frown.gif

Zero 7 is great, though I like When It Falls even better than Simple Things.

Theivery Corp, Cinematic Orchestra, Koop, DJ Shadow, Lemon Jelly, Gotan Project and Lamb are all favourites of mine as well.
wink.gif

As for other suggestions... those will have to wait until I get home and have access to my collection. I've been really enjoying Nighmares on Wax recently.

Ulrich Schnauss is incredible. He's probably on my top 3 favorite artists ever. I got A Strangely Isolated Place from a local Virgin Records, and Far Away Trains off Amazon.

Jun 11, 2006 at 5:27 PM Post #30 of 52
Yeah, those are the two albums I have, but only in MP3.
frown.gif

Another group that I have been completely unable to find is Xploding Plastix... not exactly downtempo, but just as good in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back