Your Ear's Sound Development?
Sep 16, 2015 at 8:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

scottfillmer

New Head-Fier
After reading through a bunch of posts I was wondering from those who consider themselves to have a "developed" ear for different headphones, and sound in general, what is your fine tuning process or way to develop your ear?

I currently use maybe 6-8 different headphones for different applications, but to hear to minute differences in tonal qualities is often difficult. Part of my job is run sound on a Behringer x32 (or whatever board we are using) for small band, and I have learned over time to hear those small differences (I use some neutral Sennheiser's for that), but when it comes to other headphones, I actually like (don't hate) my Bose QC's, and not so much my others.

Maybe I just haven't heard to differences in high end cans, but the QC's seem to have universal hate, and my Senn 598's which I just don't find to be comfortable are supposed to be great.

Anyway, just thought I would toss that up for discussion since I have found hearing such (to me) minute quality differences from can to can, maybe others had ways to better develop those ears to hear. Thanks.

Sep 16, 2015 at 1:12 PM Post #2 of 4
I will repeat after industry, best start is listening to high quality music: live opera, philharmonic concerts.
Chesky records are very good quality recordings , Bob Katz also have list of good quality records.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back