Your daily dose of Music
Feb 20, 2010 at 11:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

t/sound

Head-Fier
"Without music, life would be an error.”
Friedrich Nietzsche

Have you ever found that the mere act of listening to music somehow changes your thoughts ?
L3000.gif

“Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.”
Plato

Have you ever found that listening to music gets you to enjoy your gym or workout session more ?
L3000.gif

“Music produces a kind of pleasure which human nature cannot do without”
Confucius

Have you ever been able to change your mood by listening to certain music ?
L3000.gif

“Music speaks what cannot be expressed, soothes the mind and gives it rest, heals the heart and makes it whole, flows from heaven to the soul.”

Have you been able to use listening to music as a tool to prepare yourself for the comming day ?
L3000.gif

“Music is the language of the spirit. It opens the secret of life bringing peace, abolishing strife.”
Kahlil Gibran

Have you ever said you are sorry with a song ?
L3000.gif

" Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.”
Berthold Auerbach

Have you ever after a hard day felt that sitting down to listen to music was better than a cold beer ?
L3000.gif

“Your daily life is your temple and your religion. When you enter into it take with you your all.”
Kahlil Gibran

Have you ever cursed yourself for leaving your portable gear behind ?
L3000.gif

If you love music, please share with us how and why you take your daily dose.

Shade to all.

Feb 27, 2010 at 9:26 PM Post #3 of 5
Just play 'Toxicity' by System of a Down when you want to be in Amsterdam early by bicycle in unpleasant temperatures and with a bit of wind and heavy rain drops. On the way back I played 'San' by Kagrra and achieved a new personal record in getting home.

Some raw funk filled with fast paced break beats and bass grooves gets you through a crowd in record time. Just some daily examples.

Mar 1, 2010 at 1:00 AM Post #4 of 5
Saterday afternoon dose.

Drove down to the Barossa wine region of South Australia to listen to Dianna Krall on the green.

Katie Noonan, Melody Gardot, Madeleine Peyroux, Dianna Krall all in one show.

Must say that although I am a great fan of Dianna and Madeleine the heat and ultra bright sun made it very difficult to get comfortable. Dianna looked absolutely stunning and gave a very polished performance. Watching her play in person gives such insight to her artistry.

Good to be with so many musiclovers and seeing them enjoy the gathering. Enjoyed spending time with wife no1 and consuming large quantities of Riesling and Shiraz. The wine primarily used for hydration made wife no1 tollerate my love affair with the girl in the other room, and after meeting her in person, as well as her accompaniment, gave her blessing to my infatuation.

We enjoyed the area, discovered some lovely wines and met some friendly and very real people.

There was one subtle moment where Dianna was poigniantly starting a piece when a frisky Kookaburra announced itself mockingly. The croud laughed reservedly, Dianna noticed, coolly kept playing, the Kookaburra ran out of steam and settled to enjoy the music. Krall 1 : Kookaburra 0

Good Shade to all.

Mar 1, 2010 at 3:24 AM Post #5 of 5
I listen in my car to get myself through the morning, to get ready for the day. But I do my real listening in bed before I go to bed. Two albums are the perfect nightcap for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back