Your chance to win a set of LCD-2's and the ALO RX amp from Gizmodo
Jul 12, 2011 at 6:02 PM Post #121 of 235

Quote:
.....a few? minimum wage and student hours say 60 a month...that's about 300-400 roughly..thats more than a few pay checks

You, my friend, need to ask around for a better paying job (you're in high school right? If not, the hours thing will probably be an issue. HS is pretty lax in terms of work.). I'm starting a secretary job in a few months that pays (last time I checked) $12ish, give or take a couple bucks, an hour, 3 days a week, 4 hours a day (4:00-8:00).

And eagerly awaiting to find out who the winner is. As much as I'd LOVE them, I'd feel as good if some aspiring member with nothing but a pair of <$50 headphones won this.

Jul 12, 2011 at 6:08 PM Post #122 of 235
This is from the official rules, "Only one entry per email address used to send the email or per postal address, if entry is mailed, will be considered for contest entry, unless multiple entries are specifically allowed in the contest posting. Unless otherwise specified in an individual contest post, no person may enter any contest more than once using multiple email addresses or postal addresses".

Quote:
Hopefully they disqualify the people who submitted multiple post. One guy must have at least twenty tweets over there.

On a side note, if I win I'll a/b comparison the new lcd-2 with mine and then give my old one away here for like $50. (shipping and gas) And add that nice portable amp to my collection of course.

Jul 12, 2011 at 6:24 PM Post #124 of 235
Yeah, the winners have probably already been announced. I mean they said that they'd email them shortly after they've been chosen.

Jul 12, 2011 at 9:04 PM Post #125 of 235
You'd think they'd at least announce that they've chosen the winners, even if they didn't disclose who won...

Jul 12, 2011 at 9:25 PM Post #126 of 235
I was expecting for Audeze at least to say something. I'm holding onto the hope that there's a chance that they haven't chosen the winners and I still have a chance.

Jul 12, 2011 at 9:37 PM Post #129 of 235

Quote:
Wait what? I obviously missed something.

Just like when you win the lottery, there's taxes on sweepstakes winnings - even non-monetary...

Jul 12, 2011 at 9:44 PM Post #131 of 235

Quote:
Even if I did win I couldn't afford the tax on the prize which will be around $200.00

Wait there's a tax?! Shoot. This suddenly got less desirable for a broke Ishcabible.

Jul 12, 2011 at 9:50 PM Post #133 of 235

Quote:
Nothing is free. I'm assuming you will have to pay 9 cents for every dollar. 

That makes sense...

I'm guessing the people in it for free stuff aren't aware of this either.

Jul 12, 2011 at 9:52 PM Post #134 of 235
Hmph....so much for that hope.

Edit: I probably should have actually read the rules. Here's to hoping entering the contest isn't legally binding if I win. (Still holding on to that hope.)

Jul 12, 2011 at 10:00 PM Post #135 of 235
Wondering if they were actually giving anything away or not...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back