Your burn in method
Dec 9, 2009 at 11:03 PM Post #16 of 28
Last year I used a Roland Jx3p synth keyboard. Left stuff on at medium volume. This was great as you could program a sequence with bass and pink noise which would cycle back and forth. It would be really low tones and high. I sold it this year so I don't know what I will do next.

Dec 10, 2009 at 11:16 PM Post #20 of 28
Thanks for the ideas! Here's the thread about the HPs:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/jvc...-unite-219744/

Burn in is very recommended by the owners in that thread.

Skylab recommends at least 120 hours of burn in for the HP DX1000.

I didn't do burn in on the HD800, but I think I'll take the advice on the DX.

regular_smile .gif

Dec 11, 2009 at 12:03 AM Post #21 of 28
Hopelessly semantic, I'll say that burn-in doesn't exist.

However, one of the best break-in methods is probably to play your new headphones at above-average volume. It's up to determine when, or if, the sound changes occur.

More info, in detail, in the link below.

Dec 11, 2009 at 7:59 AM Post #24 of 28
Burn-In or Break-In with my Pink Floyd music
Playing for about 8 hours continu, first hour at normal volume
than some more, that will do the trick, burn-in for 100 or more hours won't work i.m.o , after the 8 hours i put the headphone on my head and start enjoying the music and the new cans
L3000.gif

Dec 11, 2009 at 8:12 AM Post #25 of 28
When my headphones arrive I have every intention to put them on and crank them up right away. I might leaving them on overnight connected to my MP3 player but I'm definitely not going to wait for several days of static and pink noise.

Dec 11, 2009 at 9:53 AM Post #26 of 28
With my iPod earphones I generally like to wrap them in an overly oily rag with gasoline poured onto it and light a match and there they go, just what they deserve.

But seriously, I usually buy headphones used coz they;re generally already burned in. I recently got my 1st DAC (Zero) and amp (Qinpu A-3). Over the last several days I have been waking up at 11AM (school holidays) and playing metal through them and ocassionally some classical and electronica until about 12PM. I just have the amp at about 10 o'clock. I will burn them in for about 200 hours all together and declare them burnt in. So far wow...i feel the bass
biggrin.gif

Dec 11, 2009 at 2:55 PM Post #28 of 28
Used to use pink noise and sine-sweeps. Now I just listen to a wide variety of both bass- and treble-heavy music.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back