Your best audio related thrift store or garage sale find
Mar 31, 2010 at 11:01 PM Post #62 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmdevils /img/forum/go_quote.gif
where's those HP1000's that have sold on ebay buy it now for 100 dollars. I've never found anything useful at a garage sale or thrift store. There's a flea market a block from my place on the weekends, but it's most just overpriced junk stereos and headphones that sit out in the sun every weekend... I'm always picturing those gorgeous metal cups when I walk through though
biggrin.gif

I have seen mint, boxed SR100 with HP1000 drivers gone for $150 though..someone was lucky. The real value of those could be over $1000.

May 1, 2013 at 1:52 PM Post #63 of 63
My Whole setup is from flea markets/thrift stores.  Nakamichi music bank 3- $20 thrift store (could not pass it up, I didn't really want a cd player in the set up).  Technics SL-QD2 turntable- $5 (needed cartridge) flea market (dusty on the outside, not even a sign of use inside). Technics SA-303 receiver- $25 flea market.  I opened each item after purchasing and cleaned them out and dusted them out with low pressure air and q-tips just to make sure I was not bringing a den of roaches into the house and check for swollen caps and burn/scorch marks.  Replaced the bulbs on the receiver with UV-leds because they were all burned out (cool purple glow).  One of the toggles is also spotty, one channel will cut out on occasion, but I plan on getting in there with some component cleaner in the near future.  The setup is in my bedroom hooked to my Fostex headphones.  No speakers in the mix at all (Wife likes it quiet).  I cannot complain, only into the equipment for under $100, sounds better than I hoped.  Finding and cleaning records is the current project.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back