Your All-Time Favorite Shoes
Mar 13, 2002 at 7:42 PM Post #32 of 41
those asics trainers kick ass. i used to wear them at practice when i ran track and cross country, but i haven't been able to find a pair as good since then. i'm currently using a pair of sneakers i got for free off the internet, and a pair of 6 year old doc martens.

Mar 14, 2002 at 12:47 AM Post #33 of 41
I despise trainers , can't walk in da btchs.
Being six feet three and one half with a nine point five C means I get my balance from
A-nature (of course)
B-my footwear (only when I am blasted)
Little feet (no todd,not the band) means I can scamper like a little crap but if caught up with by a bigger person (as in wider,I vary between 170-185) I can be knocked down unless I am in a stance (read wide,weight on rear foot) ,not that the rickster don't get back up and wreck havoc after
biggrin.gif

just that having small feet means a small focal point of balance.

Ever see a guy with EEE13s fall down ?
Takes damn near an hour

very_evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 14, 2002 at 4:28 AM Post #35 of 41
Quote:

Originally posted by rickcr42
hmmmm........

so BOOTman wears boatshoes intead of boots ?
next thing you know,flasken will say he never drinks
evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

LOL!
Actually, I used to wear working boots all the time.
I guess now I'm white collar.
tongue.gif

But the real story of bootman can be found here!

Mar 14, 2002 at 6:02 PM Post #37 of 41
Quote:

Originally posted by stuartr
Am I the only person here who likes dress shoes?

Nope! I wore Docs and Birkenstocks (and brown-with-gold-bit Gucci loafers!) as an undergrad, but I've outgrown and ditched my Docs and Birkenstocks. (The Guccis have been resoled three times by now.)

Quote:

A nice pair of cordovan Peal and Sons' look great, and go with everything from khaki to grey flannel.

Peal & Sons are fine handmade British shoes OEM'ed for Brooks Brothers. They're nice, but too conservative for me. To give you a reference, the last three pair of shoes I bought were a pair of double-buckle brown monkstraps by John Lobb Paris, spectator wingtip loafers by Gucci, and black with red stitching Ferrari driving loafers by Tods.

A good pair of shoes, being handmade of hand-selected materials, actually costs more than a decent headphone rig. I own 16 pair of shoes (not including houseshoes and workout shoes), and all of them but three pair cost me more than my reference headphone rig (580s/TAH). If I were made of money, I would not buy off-the-rack shoes, instead going to John Lobb in London and having them make shoes to my feet. Of course, a pair of bespoke Lobbs costs three grand US....

But good shoes are where the phrase "well-heeled" came from, now isn't it.

Mar 14, 2002 at 11:15 PM Post #38 of 41
citoeniste: Then you might be interested in this: www.edmeier.de - Munich would be closer to Vienna, too (and while you're here, you could show me your car!
wink.gif
).

Nevertheless, I haven't managed to convince myself of spending more than 150 Euro on a pair of shoes, yet. So if I don't wear Chucks or Clarks, I usually use some LLoyds - preferably the "easy walking"-series. These have a classical styling but more flexible soles and are fairly tough, too - my friend Juergen also likes them, and he usually bikes (cycles?) to the office every day, even in the winter months.

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Mar 15, 2002 at 12:34 PM Post #39 of 41
Hmmm...this thread has brought to my attention juts how many pairs of shoes I have. Ah well...here are the faves:

*Getting around the traps:

Globe skate shoes

*Getting around the traps if I'm cycling:

Old Cannondale mtn bike shoes with cleats which have almost given up the ghost. Just replaced with the newer Shimano BMX-type shoe with cleats. These are great inventions - the recessed cleat means you can walk around as if they were 'normal' shoes. Only real difference is the soles are slightly stiffer than a normal shoe.

*Around the house

Birkenstock sandals and Birkie clogs. These guys are just sooo comfy!

*Inclement weather/hiking:

Aku hiking boots with Gore-tex lining. Not too convinced that the Goretex is such a great feature...your feet tend to get wetter from the sweat of being wrapped in Goretex than they would if any water actually got in in the first place (which seems unlikley even without the Goretex)

*Dress shoes:

Currently in the market for some. Looking for something 'classical' that is not going to date. Something with style
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 15, 2002 at 4:39 PM Post #40 of 41
Quote:

Originally posted by gloco
I hate shoes, they tear my feet (particularly my heels) apart. I prefer sneakers or working shoes (with steel tips). I've been wearing New balance sneakers for the past two years, they're ok, but a little uncomfortable, they take a while to break in. I think the model is 'all terrain 804.'

Steel toes all the way! I've got two pairs of boots (one hiking, one work) and a pair of dress-casual shoes (I'd call them oxfords).

At home, I wear moccasins.
With a suit, black wing-tips.
Trips and walking on pavement, Reebok walking shoes.

Oh, yeah, a pair of brown Cole-Haan loafers for when I'm feeling "preppy"
biggrin.gif

Mar 15, 2002 at 4:48 PM Post #41 of 41
Quote:

Originally posted by rickcr42
....Ever see a guy with EEE13s fall down ?
Takes damn near an hour

Oh, so you've met my dad?
tongue.gif
Always looked forward to the day I would grow into a pair of his boots. He still has the boots, but I'm 34 and still 2 sizes and a d-width short.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back