Your All-Time Favorite Shoes
Mar 12, 2002 at 5:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 41

FlurkingShnit

100+ Head-Fier
I used to be really into Saucony's and New Balances, but ever since I started wearing Chucks (Converse Chuck Taylor All Stars) I've developed a real liking for the classic styling of this all canvas simple shoe. You can wear it anywhere and it works for a variety of occasions.

Any other Head-fiers here have a favorite or preferred shoe?

Mar 12, 2002 at 5:44 PM Post #2 of 41
great summer weight footwear,grew up wearing those.Also like Tevas for the warm months.
out in the boonies i tend to go with Vasque,work it is Timberland , Herman Survivors or canvas "squeeks" (my word for althletic shoes/sneakers)
Leisure usually basic white ,nuthin' fancy leather Nikes,deep cold I bust out the heavy artillery-Sorel and Rocky boot pacs rated for different temps
Formal shoes ?
muhahahahahahahaahah
I don't friggin' think so
very_evil_smiley.gif

unless sombody dies or gets married
biggrin.gif

Mar 12, 2002 at 5:58 PM Post #3 of 41
converse all stars low top in white leather with black stars. man those shoes just would not die. i also like my tevas. honestly, i have yet to find a shoe that i totally liked.

Mar 12, 2002 at 6:42 PM Post #4 of 41
Quote:

Originally posted by redshifter
converse all stars low top in white leather with black stars. man those shoes just would not die. i also like my tevas. honestly, i have yet to find a shoe that i totally liked.

Like is usually acompanied by cant find one that dam well fits in my case.

Setmeuu

Mar 12, 2002 at 6:50 PM Post #5 of 41
Interesting topic.

My current favorite are my K-Swiss walking shoes. Very comfortable and durable.

I had a pair of 1st or 2nd generation Reebok DMX-10 running shoes. Dark blue w/ grey trim. It had 10 DMX air pods in the sole. They were the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn. They had an untimely death. The sole wore out after a year of daily use. The exposed DMX air pod blew out. It wasn't the same even after some Shoe-Goo. Sniff-sniff!

Mar 12, 2002 at 6:53 PM Post #6 of 41
Shnit: Hi, and welcome to TEAM SWEAT FOOT!
biggrin.gif

Grinnings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

At the moment I have a black, a blue and an all black pair of Chucks. But let me also recommend the Clarks Desert Boot as another well known classic - and this one is also less sweaty, very durable and not too expensive.
wink.gif

Mar 12, 2002 at 8:22 PM Post #9 of 41
ASICS DS-Trainers. They're light enough for short races, cushioned enough for marathons, and perfect for training over any distance. Their cushioning is just perfect - just enough to prevent injury, but little enough to enable you to "feel" the road.

And then when they wear out after a few months (800km or so), the old pair become gym shoes and casual wear.

After trying just about every running shoe out there, I love these shoes.

Ross

Mar 12, 2002 at 8:43 PM Post #10 of 41
simple nubuck leather Adidas sneakers. comfy as slippers, they rule! I'm thinking of getting a pair of Simples again tho, they're comfy too.

Mar 12, 2002 at 10:21 PM Post #11 of 41
I hate shoes, they tear my feet (particularly my heels) apart. I prefer sneakers or working shoes (with steel tips). I've been wearing New balance sneakers for the past two years, they're ok, but a little uncomfortable, they take a while to break in. I think the model is 'all terrain 804.'

Mar 12, 2002 at 11:17 PM Post #12 of 41
Nikes, only because my uncle who works there gets them for $10 a pair
smily_headphones1.gif
(prototype models just happen to be my shoesize
smily_headphones1.gif
)... so hmm, even $10 would make them a 1000% profit
wink.gif

Mar 13, 2002 at 12:53 AM Post #14 of 41
Am I the only person here who likes dress shoes? A nice pair of cordovan Peal and Sons' look great, and go with everything from khaki to grey flannel. But, it you don't like wearing a horse's ass, then go with New Balance. I have a wide foot, and I have been directed to them for years. They are by far the most comfortable sneaker in my opinion. I still have a pair of 990s that I got in 8th grade (ten years ago).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back