your all gonna hate me, but I am buying an htib
Apr 25, 2006 at 3:37 AM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by VicAjax
avsforum.com has a whole forum dedicated to HTiB's here.

luke16,

Thats a very good place to do some research. No matter what "audiophiles" say, there ARE good HTIB systems. There is no need for seperates if all you want is decent, good sound.

P.S. Don't expect some high fidelity though
icon10.gif

Apr 25, 2006 at 4:56 AM Post #17 of 21
I bought a very similar system like this two years ago for our library at school. It is absolutely awesome! You cannot beat it for probably around 5 times the price. I wasn't a fan of HTIB, I'd had some bad experiences, but this one rocked.
Do some research, find some reviews. They're not all bad. And the Onkyo I bought the school was an absolute steal.

Apr 26, 2006 at 6:01 PM Post #19 of 21
This all depends on how much you want to spend in the future. If you don't plan on spending anymore in the near future then the HTIB is a fine idea although I agree with some around here that there isn't going to be a huge difference between 7.1 & 5.1.

If more funds are coming within the next year then the slow build up starting with a 2.1 system would be the way I would go.

Either way, enjoy the sound and don't do what I do and obsess over the gear and sometimes forget about the music or movie.

Apr 26, 2006 at 6:06 PM Post #20 of 21
ill just buy an htib, but want my comp as my source. i need some way to connect my comps sound card (dont have 1 yet) to the reciever, as well as my tv, ps2, and dvd player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back