Your Album of the Month
Nov 3, 2014 at 10:52 AM Post #287 of 321
October's album:

http://1week1album.blogspot.com/2014/11/week-41.html

Self-titled release from Heather Maloney. If Bob Dylan came back as a woman, I'm pretty sure she would be close. Check it out!

Nov 3, 2014 at 6:38 PM Post #288 of 321

Kayo Dot: Coffins on Io
One of the premier prog-metal bands, known for their heady recombination of genres ranging from death metal to jazz, goes full Blade Runner. A grower, but a powerful one.

Nov 7, 2014 at 12:27 AM Post #289 of 321

Falcon (Ex-Circle) - Leviaton
Circle are the ultimate chameleon band, Finnish pranksters with impeccable musical chops.  They usually veer towards metal/motorik/rock - ism's, but this 2014 release finds them delving into a much more folk-y realm while still flexing their krautrock muscles ala' Can's Future Days-era.  This band continually challenges and satisfies in ways that few others do these days...the cyclical jam hypnotism of Lungfish with the adventurous metal crunch that 80's hair metal afficionados love...no, demand... It's some good stuff.  

Nov 7, 2014 at 6:26 AM Post #290 of 321

My current album of the Month is Taylor Swift's newest album 1989. This album is actually way good. I didnt think I would like it and only listened to it as a joke and then I fell in love with it.

Nov 8, 2014 at 3:54 PM Post #292 of 321

Dub Incorporation - Hors Control

I was looking back in my library to get some new music on my cell when i found this gem.  These guys have a very great reggea vibe with solid lyrics. It helps if you can understand french even thought the album is bilangual.

Feb 12, 2015 at 5:58 PM Post #294 of 321

Smashing Pumpkins' Siamese Dream is my album of the month. I am listening to the entire album at once for the first time on CD. Disarm is easily my favorite track along with Cherub Rock, Geek USA and Today. The singer has such a unique voice to listen to and I really like it.

Feb 17, 2015 at 10:21 PM Post #297 of 321
Torche - Restarter

masters of the odd pop-metal hybrid genre are back with this new album. Excellent production with lots of punch, very crankable, heavy riffage balanced by catchy melodies and serious hooks. The vinyl sounds outrageously good...

Feb 26, 2015 at 5:48 PM Post #298 of 321
Torche - Restarter

masters of the odd pop-metal hybrid genre are back with this new album. Excellent production with lots of punch, very crankable, heavy riffage balanced by catchy melodies and serious hooks. The vinyl sounds outrageously good...

Dang, I didn't know Torche had a new album out. I'll have to give that a listen. Anyways, been out of this game for a little while, but this is a good thread, so I want to hop back in. My album of the month is:

Protomen: Act II - The Father of Death
I hope you like your rock overblown and cheesy! A fantastic hard rock concept album (concerning the origins of several Mega Man characters) that possesses more brash swagger than just about any other album of the past decade. And it does more than just rock real good: twinges of spaghetti western and synthpop are woven seamlessly throughout, glued together by excellent songwriting and driving arena rock drama, the latter of which you may not have heard in possession of such un-ironic, potent virility since the 80s. And beneath all of its rolling bluster, soaring climaxes, and re-configuration of retro culture is a story with surprising and chilling tragic heft. Manly tears will be shed. Fists shall be pumped. You've found your new exercise music. I dare you to try and procrastinate while listening to this. 

Jul 28, 2015 at 10:38 AM Post #300 of 321
You got me listening to Taylor Swift... (shakes head) and I liked it... definitely a guilty pleasure
rolleyes.gif

I've been enjoying Gregory Alan Isakov - This Empty Northern Hemisphere

Great Americana, absolutely beautiful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back