Your Advice for my next DAP (SQ based)
Sep 6, 2009 at 3:13 PM Post #16 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beyerfan70 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's an idea, how about buying the one you like the look of both price and performance wise.

such as....?

Sep 6, 2009 at 5:08 PM Post #18 of 20
Sorry, I somehow missed that your rig got stolen... Thats too bad
frown.gif

In that case, the cheapest and most effective way would be Iriver 120/140 with upgraded hard drive (it takes up to 120gb) and then optical toslink into ibasso d10 to be used as a DAC and as an amp in one box. The two best sounding portable rigs that Head fi knows about are Imod+Vcaps and Iriver120/140+optical into D10. The second option is MUCH cheaper than the first but comparable in every other way.

Yet anther alternative would be to wait for ZuneHD which also has SPDIF out, the 32gb version will be out shortly, but for bigger storage it could be a long wait... As long wait for Hifiman?..

Conclusion- Iriver+optical is the best way for you AFAIU

Sep 6, 2009 at 6:08 PM Post #19 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubijza /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry, I somehow missed that your rig got stolen... Thats too bad
frown.gif

In that case, the cheapest and most effective way would be Iriver 120/140 with upgraded hard drive (it takes up to 120gb) and then optical toslink into ibasso d10 to be used as a DAC and as an amp in one box. The two best sounding portable rigs that Head fi knows about are Imod+Vcaps and Iriver120/140+optical into D10. The second option is MUCH cheaper than the first but comparable in every other way.

Yet anther alternative would be to wait for ZuneHD which also has SPDIF out, the 32gb version will be out shortly, but for bigger storage it could be a long wait... As long wait for Hifiman?..

Conclusion- Iriver+optical is the best way for you AFAIU

Sounds very very interesting...

Are you aware of where I can buy that 120gb HD for the iriver and how easy is the modding supposed to be?
and about the optical cable? I am not very used to it...

Thanks a lot... help is much much appreciated.

CHeers,

Patrick

Sep 8, 2009 at 3:03 PM Post #20 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bandeira /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sounds very very interesting...

Are you aware of where I can buy that 120gb HD for the iriver and how easy is the modding supposed to be?
and about the optical cable? I am not very used to it...

Thanks a lot... help is much much appreciated.

CHeers,

Patrick

Have a look here:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f15/wh...al-out-437908/
or here
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f15/ir...al-out-440506/

you'll dig up more info by searching for keywords like iriver h140, D10, optical, toslink, iriver+DAC...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back