Your 2008 Favorites
Aug 18, 2008 at 1:59 AM Post #46 of 100
Origin - Antithesis

Origin delivers with a very well done metal album, again. After hearing Echoes of Decimation in 05, I've been hooked on them and was greatly looking forward to their 08 album and they did not disappoint (in my opinion of course)

Aug 26, 2008 at 9:26 PM Post #47 of 100
It came out in the first half of the year but I didn't discover it until now:

The Morning Benders - Talking Through Tin Cans

It's good catchy indie pop music. Good lyrics too.

Sep 3, 2008 at 4:08 PM Post #48 of 100
Hey Rosetta! - Into your lungs

Great album! A friend that lives on the east coast recommended them recently. I find it hard to explain there style (Dave Matthews'ish but with more of rock feel). I can`t stop listening to it.

Sep 3, 2008 at 4:34 PM Post #49 of 100
Metallica - Death Magnetic
biggrin.gif

Yeasayer - All Hours Cymball (they had some brilliant songs live that I have yet to find on the album
smile_phones.gif
)
Scars On Broadway - (selftitled)
Blood Red Shoes - Box Of Secrets
Volbeat - Guitar Gangsters & Cadillac Blood

Sep 12, 2008 at 3:59 PM Post #50 of 100
Elzhi, new rapper out of detroit just dropped a mixtape and a new cd that are amazing. Incredible style and composition
Elzhi - Europass
Elzhi - The Preface

Nas - Untitled
Roots - Rising Down

Sep 14, 2008 at 12:15 AM Post #53 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickyboyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Emilíana Torrini, "Me and Armini"

How is that one? In the vein of her last effort, "Fisherman's Woman" or more like "Love in the Time of Science" ?

Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 14, 2008 at 1:06 AM Post #54 of 100
It falls, for me, somewhere between the 2, very fine acoustics of the Fisherman's Woman album mixed some more beat driven tracks similar to Love in the Time of Science.

There are some excellent tracks on this album mate, and i think as a whole it flows very nicely.

Sep 14, 2008 at 1:11 AM Post #55 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickyboyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It falls, for me, somewhere between the 2, very fine acoustics of the Fisherman's Woman album mixed some more beat driven tracks similar to Love in the Time of Science.

There are some excellent tracks on this album mate, and i think as a whole it flows very nicely.

Thanks a lot, I just noticed eMusic has it so I'm gonna give it a go next month when my downloads refresh
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 14, 2008 at 3:51 AM Post #56 of 100
Meshuggah - obZen
NIN - The Slip
Opeth - Watershed
Slipknot - All Hope Is Gone
Children of Bodom - Blooddrunk

...and just because these are very close to a 2008 release, and I just can't go without mentioning them because they're probably in my top ten of all time...

Baroness - Red
The Dillinger Escape Plan - Ire Works

Edit: D'oh, I forgot CoB!

Sep 14, 2008 at 5:32 AM Post #57 of 100
I forgot to mention earlier- Al Green "Just For You"
This album is just a huge slice of soul heaven, not desperately trying to be a nostalgic trip to Al's albums of the 70's, it's just that great production, good songs and Al's classic soul voice makes this an album that could of easily come from that time, it is a timeless masterpiece. Nice work Blue Note and associated team
wink.gif

Sep 14, 2008 at 2:24 PM Post #59 of 100
I guess I'm too busy with listening to all the old stuff that I forget the new stuff. The look on my mother's face when I wanted to get a Cash album.
tongue.gif

Sep 14, 2008 at 6:58 PM Post #60 of 100
I'm pretty happy with the new album by The Hold Steady, Stay Positive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back