Your #1 Favorite Album
Jan 5, 2013 at 12:52 AM Post #184 of 205
Donald Fagen - The Nightfly

The entire Steely Dan catalog really but Donald's first solo effort especially.

Recorded in 1981 on a 3M 32-track digital recorder at 50kHz. Still the first CD I play to evaluate audio equipment to this day.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Jan 5, 2013 at 10:22 AM Post #186 of 205
Quote:
Donald Fagen - The Nightfly
The entire Steely Dan catalog really but Donald's first solo effort especially.
Recorded in 1981 on a 3M 32-track digital recorder at 50kHz. Still the first CD I play to evaluate audio equipment to this day.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

... Wow, that's impressive for 1981 ... I can't even begin to imagine how all that data was stored back-then; maybe that "digital tape" stuff I've heard about (I have no idea how it works) ... ?? ... Amazing Album, though: I've always assumed that particular album was recorded in-analog ... Interesting ...

Jan 6, 2013 at 1:59 PM Post #189 of 205
sky_was_dark_JK_for_web.jpg

Even though it came it fairly recent, this currently comes to mind.

Jan 6, 2013 at 8:10 PM Post #190 of 205
+1 Pavement, +1 Pink Floyd, +1 Nick Drake, +1 The Who "Tommy." Since I could never pick a favorite because I usually get a new favorite every day, but here's a couple I didn't see and just to be different.
The Clash "Sandinista."  
The Dead Milkmen "Beelzebubba."
Pavement Terror Twilight
Devo "Easy Listening Disc"
The Weirdos "Condor"
Del the Funkee Homosapien "Both Sides of the Brain" 

Jan 6, 2013 at 9:14 PM Post #191 of 205
There have been a lot of great suggestions here. Thanks all. Especially to Ethix for Built To Spill. Remarkable.

I have one to add that I haven't seen yet. I was not a Stevie Ray Vaughan fan by any means. But a friend told me to have a listen to this a couple of years ago. It is still one of my favorites. Like I said you don't have to be a fan of SRV to like it. Absolutely amazing guitar.

Jan 8, 2013 at 2:19 PM Post #192 of 205
Stan Getz - The Best of Two Worlds. An truly perfect and relaxing jazz album, can not understand the vocals but his voice and the women is just perfect. First album always to to try on a new headphone, before I do some difficult tracks :)

Jan 9, 2013 at 5:19 PM Post #194 of 205
My all time favorite will always be Megadeth: Rust in Peace. It may not be the greatest album ever but it was my first CD given to me by my older sister who has passed away. It was the first CD I listened to when I got my Grados and I felt like a kid listening to it for the first time.

My current favorite:

61m5VAZrrL_SS400__zpsdecc092a.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back