You would have to be a fool to buy Grado Flats...
Mar 1, 2009 at 10:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

vapman

Member of the Trade: bhobuds.com
...or any pads, really, as long as you have some old comfy socks around.

sock60.jpg

I swear they sound better than quarter-holed comfies and HD414s and at least as good as flats (which I tried once, long long ago, so I may be wrong).

I also have tinnitus, and it makes the phones less harsh which is wonderful - i almost couldn't use my Grados any more because of it
beyersmile.png
!!

The only problem is they slip off easily...but I can deal with that for saving myself $35
wink.gif

Mar 1, 2009 at 11:01 PM Post #2 of 22
You're on head-fi, where money really isn't to much of an objective. An athstetics are important to many (I would say most). I'll keep my flats, and you can keep your socks.

Mar 1, 2009 at 11:13 PM Post #6 of 22
My SR125's rocking some thin black socks (from Mark's Work Wearhouse) rolled up and stretched tight.

Rubber bands are a must or else they tend to pop off!

blacksocks.JPG

Before that i had been wearing them without any pads at all, so it was a definite improvement!

Unfortunately, the SR125's recently died in a freak re-cabling accident.
redface.gif

Edit: The socks were new, never worn (except over my ears)!

Mar 2, 2009 at 12:45 AM Post #7 of 22
I used some thin socks when I had my MS1 and MS2i. I was a bass person and I wanted more oomph. I used almost the same method as Grim, but I used a fabric band sewed onto the socks, and had it attached to the cup so my ears wouldn't be touching it. Too bad I don't have pictures.

Mar 2, 2009 at 1:12 AM Post #10 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1117 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, at least people aren't using condoms...

Well, actually...

Mar 2, 2009 at 2:42 AM Post #12 of 22
This has been done already on Headwize. Well, sorta, but this is different and pretty cool.
grado_mod10.jpg

grado_mod8.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back